Reviews for Once Upon A Time
Carolina Martinez chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
Wow, it is really intriguing and the tone is set perfectly. Still, what was the last one about? Are Ember and Cale mythical creatures who have lived a past life?
frouwe chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
This... is a bit confusing and would be completely if I hadn't read To Fight or Fall.

I really like the metaphors, and the way you worded it. It really does Ember (and Cale) justice.
There's-A-Star-In-My-Hand chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
love this :)
pseudonymlost chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
Quite stunning; in the way it's styled so differently to the story.

It's pretty, and it's suprising as a peep-show of apparent heart-break. It's a powerful unexpected sort of insight and it's going in my favourites.

Love it.
zoule chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
This was beautiful and poetic. The contrasts were well-done and added to the over all effect. I rather like the last paragraph: "Once upon a time, in a land far away and a different world and a different moment..." It's so sad and sweet at the same time.
Firespirit44 chapter 1 . 5/16/2006
I haven't read that particular story yet so I have no idea what kind of a person Ember is..though from here, she seems to be a person that looks very determined, strong, a good leader..yet has her own little insecurities, as every normal girl should.

I shall read your other stories tomorrow.

I hate you for being able to write so...realistically. xD And you know I mean that as a compliment.
Starlite Dragin chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
Man, I wish I could write like this. It was a little random, but good anyways. Does the whole 'they lived happily ever after' mean that this is slightly shippy? Oh, whatever, It's still cool. Honestly, I like your humor better, even though it gats me into trouble in computer class when I'm reading this instead of doing work...
Barkers chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
Aww, that hurt my heart, t'was very depressing to read, yet so beautiful, i love your To Fight Or Fall its brilliant, it started off light hearted ...then BAM you were sucked in and everything was so complictaed and knotted and..just wow. WOW keep it up and be loved :D
Aryanda chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
oh, wow. this is touching, and it helps understanding the characters better. this is really, really...(searches for word)...brilliant.
StarsOverWonderland chapter 1 . 6/29/2005
i like concept of being put up on a pedestal and loved by those who see you always fascinates job.

i especially like the last part, the way you did the once upon a time thing, as it felt like a fairytale all the way through.
Nam Ghosthand chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
wow... this is really insightful. It wort of hints that they know what their doing to each other... I think that you should put some of the different parts of this into 'To Fight or Fall' because this is really really good.
DaybreakStorms08 chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
That is so amazing! I'm really glad you wrote that - can't believe it took me so long to find and read it! It's so cool how you characterize them as walking contraditions, fire and ice, gold and marble, and yet they see themselves in each other (I'm guessing that's what you meant by the mirrors). Very complex character. And I absolutely adore the way you ended it. Beautiful.
adu937 chapter 1 . 4/19/2005
I absolutely loved this one-shot as I do "To Fight or Fall" and applaud it for the incredibly mature writing which is slowly dwindling in fictionpress and also the incredible thematic statements you've managed to incorporate. o yeah, and are you looking for a beta? You have great grammar skills but I'm an English teacher's aide and if you wanted a second opinion I could help you out. if you're interested, email me at or tell me in your next TFOF chapter. Thanks, and keep up the great writing!
Winged Shadow chapter 1 . 4/9/2005
Cool . . . . . freaky . . . .
cassandra26 chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
this is my review for the sketch and the new ch. I just lu the ending...the boy gives the little girl a flower. I can't explain..but there's something so delicate..so endearing. I just bet a dollar they had a past! No...I double bet it! Most stories got a past, don't they? Update soon!