Reviews for Populares
Cloud Burst chapter 1 . 4/2/2005
good, a very solid poem. well done!
girl- reinvented chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
more imbitterment...dont worry, im not mad at you or anything. my familys just nuts and i have excrutilatingly limited internet access. so yeah...dunno how often ill be talking to you. sorry about that. were still chill though. keep writing!
welchs828 chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
I like the last three lines. It's like, traitors do what they can to crawl their way to the top. They lie, cheat, ad steal. Whether it be money or virginity or whatever. And when they get to the top, I'd imagine it feels great for awhile, but then when they look back at all the people they've torn down to get to the top, they take a guilt trip...and then paranoia...and they prolly wonder when the FBI's gonna come after them. And that's both WHY and BECAUSE they've got no friends to get their backs, They're those people...at concerts...who ride the crowd...you know...they jump in...I forget what they're called...but they rely on the crowd, and if the crowd drops them, or security busts them, then they're pretty much screwed.

And then...have you ever noticed that when you're seeing someone being bullied, they're never bullied by one person; bullies always come in packs? Well, with or without the rest of the pack, each and every one is a coward. I read this cool line in my book today...

"Young men go to war. Sometimes because they have to, sometimes because they want to. Always, they feel they are supposed to. This comes from the sad, layered stories of life, which over the centuries have seen courage confused with picking up arms, and cowardice confused with laying them down."

It's from The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. Great book. I'm halfway through. Either way...it's actually more courageous to stick up for someone than to take out your own insecurities on someone else. Like someone I know does...you do not know him, though. So it doesn't matter...he made me really mad the other day...

ANYWAYS. In conclusion, I really like this poem and your Caesar poems (I almost wrote "Caesarian" and then realized something about the word...that's how I was born...Yeah...call me a stupid freshman, but I'll retaliate with a 4.0 GPA.) and I'm really, in a way, sort of sad about them coming to a close. I like reading things that make me think, and these are some of the few poems that have historical, phhilosophical, and realistic backing behind them. I like that. Coolness. History might rock even more than philosophy!

Well, lateness,

-Paige :)

P.S. Write some more poetry! Or whatever! I like reviewing! Some of my reviews could form whole entire blogs! _
Hanna Star-Runner chapter 1 . 3/16/2005
too true, too true... Very good! Write more.
chemical-cow chapter 1 . 3/16/2005