Reviews for sex ed
Chocolate Herrings chapter 1 . 8/6/2008
I remember reading this a long time ago and thinking, "I think that was one of the best poems I've read...well, possibly, ever."

I'm not sure why I didn't review, but since I'm reading it again now (and thinking the same thing) I guess the present will have to do.

Of course, I've baisically already said how amazing I think your poem (and poetry) is, so I'm not sure where this leaves us.

I love the fifth stanza, and the imagery in the sixth. You're just fucking amazing.
persephone in waiting chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
This poem brings back memories of ninth grade health class, with videos of women giving birth, snickers every time the words "penis" or "masturbation" were said, and diagrams of the "holy birth canal." The way you've constructed this poem is so that it's almost painstakingly realistic, and by the time I got down to the second-to-last stanza, my mental self was chewing her nails, anticipating whether or not you/the speaker was going to discover your/her pregnancy or if it'd be a false alarm. The result was satisfying, because only beautiful raw poetry like yours can manage to deliver no matter what the outcome.

Keep writing.
Teva'ni-Britagne chapter 1 . 4/8/2008
They shelter us and the irony of it all is that it does more bad than it does good. We're such curious creatures especially around the times of our adolescence. We can't help but discover why certain things are forbidden. This speaks so much truth and it has such volumes. Wow. You're just so frank and wow ...
account not in use chapter 1 . 9/17/2006
I'm re-reading all of your old things and I am yet again blown away.

These questions, without answers, are such a slap.

it's almost as if by telling us nothing we need to know, they think we can live up to riddiculous expectations of heroism.
Elidhu chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
This is so just so descriptive and the truth its just reality, really it was brilliant.
Jezsh chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
I love the way this meanders not just through the feelings of sex but also the repercussions and the thoughts/perspectives of other people and groups of people. It's really full, personal as well as objective. Nice work, fantastic imagery.
White Tea and Ginger chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
Wow, so impressive and so true.

Favorite lines; 'sometimes bad feels better.'- So true. ' i've got lustfrom here to sunday morning, and straighton through the night.'
Nameless chapter 1 . 12/5/2005
Wow. You are truly an excellent writer. It's really ... I don't know. I'd call it introspective, except I'm not entirely sure what that means. ;)

But really, this is an awesome poem, a little ... i dunno ... creepy, I suppose?
sourgina chapter 1 . 11/28/2005
i like this, its true.

thanks for the honest review, i really appricate it.. but my grammer is the worst thing alive, and ive always tried to change it and fix it but its always failed.

your a good writer!
Tikklz chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
Loved this piece so much! I liked the part about you working at Planned parenthood, it was great. Great view of how the schools explain sex, and how it actually is. Brilliant
lackluster chapter 1 . 7/12/2005
just fucking brilliant! that's all i'm saying. love it.
Nymphomaniac Kittie13 chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
This poem really got me thinking of how fortunate I am to not have a kid already. You are a great writer.

Kittie~Mistress
SpiritualNomad chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
so true..so true...unfortunatly ive had those classes all my life, so...im scared to do that with my gf, they have me cowed. its what they want to do with all the youth, make them so scared that they are afraid to even touch the other sex.
winged chronos chapter 1 . 4/23/2005
A very powerful piece (and to some extent, a protest). The imagery was amazing. Everything was so simply written, but the emotion behind the words were so intense. Again, I have a favorite line: "i want to push her spine straight, to tell hershe needs to be brave"

What a wake-up call to teens and parents. Wow.

-Kay
mistyrubyxoxo chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
amazing...love it love it love it