Reviews for Aelyn's story
Earthling Queen chapter 27 . 2/26/2012
I loved this story. It kinda reminded me of Tamora Pierce's Lioness Quartet (which, in case you haven't read, is amazing). :)
goanywhere chapter 23 . 2/19/2012
Oh. My. Gosh.
goanywhere chapter 22 . 2/19/2012
This hurts my heart to read.
goanywhere chapter 19 . 2/19/2012
What. Noo. Can he at least go with her?
goanywhere chapter 15 . 2/19/2012
Gaudheidbaofheid. No words can explain.
goanywhere chapter 10 . 2/19/2012
D'awwwh. I'm still siting here trying to figure out who the left handed legend is. At first, I thought is was her, but no. She is left hands though. I think.
goanywhere chapter 6 . 2/19/2012
I'm loving this.
waitingForRand chapter 26 . 12/1/2011
WOW :)
The Weatherwitch chapter 26 . 11/16/2011
just reread this,

as you do,

because it is awesome xD
Boredom Inspired chapter 12 . 11/4/2011
Great story!
YourCritic chapter 27 . 8/28/2011
OhmyGASP. Loved this story so much!

You write really well, I love the way you've mixed speech and description, I honestly could have been reading a published book. Well, almost.

Aelyn is an awesome character, loved her very muchly! I really liked her emotional transitions during this story, quite nicely done. However, I DO think it was a bit much to have her be a military commander and then also love dresses and finery...one or the other, or she becomes a bit Mary-Sue-esque. Juuust something to think on, in case you ever look at this again and think - 'hey, I could rephrase that'. :)

Also, there are a couple of times when your timing gets messed up. At one point you say that the 'woman who fights with her left hand' disappeared 'two years ago', but really she'd only been gone for a few months. And I think you could have stressed the hand she was using to fight with a bit more when they first practise with staves. Oh and her injured hand seemed to get forgotten pretty quickly - an arrow through the palm would take MONTHS to heal!

Now, Gareth. :) He's pretty cool, but a bit tooooo nice sometimes. I think that the Jamis situation could have been handled more like "jamis is actually a bastard son of my father, thinks he has a claim to the throne, he's been trying to start a civil war for ages, if it comes out that you killed him and I let you do so, one will definitely start" kind of thing (JUST an idea!) instead of what you have, which felt a tiny bit rushed to me.

Hmm, this looks like I'm really slating your story, which I'm not. You had me hooked from the get-go. I really like how you describe action, how you described your characters' physical appearances, and how you left some loose ends that were tragic, but realistic (Gareth's sister's unhappy marriage). Just add a little more court intrigue and voila! off to the publishers with you!

Sorry for a rambling review! :)
kcmyers chapter 27 . 8/27/2011
i loved your entire story! i can hardly wait to read Isheyln's story, but i stayed up reading this one until almost three in the morning, so i guess i'll have to wait. anyhow, love your story and writing style. i just absolutely love your story, and i'll no doubt be checking out your other stories soon :)
je-kay24 chapter 2 . 7/17/2011
Aww, this was a really sad chapter I feel really bad for Aelyn.
je-kay24 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
Really good prologue leading into the story.
je-kay24 chapter 26 . 7/4/2011
Great story, really loved it. The only thing I would change is to get Gareth more involved in the beginning of the story and to lessen the chemistry betwee Kristram. Otherwise lovely story.
626 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »