Reviews for Beautiful Backwards
marshbar960 chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
i really like the title and the first two stanzas, implying that the girl wants to be her own individual and all. also, the last stanza suggests that she was judged and scorned, in fact it states that directly. thanks for sharing and keep writing!
Cecil Wazowski chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Ok, this image is GREAT. The idea of a girl with no plan except beautiful insanity is delightfully abstract. I very much liked the first two stanzas. I think that perhaps you might consider changing the first three lines of the last stanza, because they are uncharacteristically direct. (That's not necessarily a bad thing- I'm just throwing out ideas) I think that the end to your third stanza is strong, but a better lead-in to those lines would serve the poem well. That is, one can infer from the ending that she was affected by reality, so we don't really need the "lipstick doused-reality" to clarify that concept beyond doubt. PS-I don't mean to sound critical; I thought this poem was great.
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
Wow. First stanza was indeed the best, though they were all excellent. wonderful imagery and perfect flow. Beautiful words you have here; treasure them forever. Brava!
Adrian Davies chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
Wow, I really liked that. I love how you use metaphors and abstract descriptions to your advantage. Great work. Keep this caliber of work up, mo' fucka!