Reviews for Parents
RootbeerFloat chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
hey! omg, I absolutly love this poem! I can very much relate, even though I havent dressed goth. For me, it was my mom and my hair. She wanted it pulled back, I wanted the mysterious front look. Later I found out that it didnt look to well but the fact of the matter is parents should back us up more often! If they gave us trust, we could do so much more with it than if they gave us none at all. I particularly like the line:

You take it and you mold it like yours

I can very much reltate to this too. My mom wasnt a popular girl, and she 'envies my looks'. Anymore, my looks arent to be envied. Back then curves like mine were fine, but now its all about the skinny! It drives me nuts, but what can I say? I want to be an actress! The fact is, parents just dont get it.

(I'm sorry to ramble on and on I just want you to know your poem touched me)

So thank you so much for inviting me to read this poem! It was SO inspiring!~Amy*AKARootbeerFloat
blackjackcat chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
hey now, that was pretty good. XD youy really captured how frustrated some of us can be. okay, me. would be nice if they trusted us wouldn't it? i also love the lines where you said, "You force me to be, The one I despise." that's perfect. in a mutshell. i look forward to reading more of your works. thanks for the review. XD
DiffusedBlues chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
ANGST! ANGST! "Sir, the angst alarm is going off!" "Calm down and take her out, you moron!"

Hahah..It was very... delightful? Yes, that's it!
I Am NOT a Robotic Snob chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
This is an exellent poem! I suck at reveiws but I enjoyed reading this, mainly because I can relate.