Reviews for God Bless America
Rachelle You Bitch chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
submit this one. i personally want it in poseidon. of course there will be some out there not approving it, but it's worth a shot.
Sheree Polhill-Smith chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
A good dose of sarcasm is always welcome, especially when it is done so well. Good job!
Tyndall Blue chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
-.-; amen to that...you know the "one nation under god" was never in the original pledge of alleigance but was added in the 1950's i think...yes this country is ridiculous at times...but that's only because humans in and of themselves are ridiculous...phases are a pendulum and right now it's at the peak of conservatism on the government and in spiritual it's at the peak of fundamentalist...what goes up must come back down...wow i've ranted a lot here

but on the poem...i especially like the rephrasing of god bless america in accordance to you lines you'd like "boom" music vid by system of a down
Bukowski Is chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Indeed, empires fall. I love the formatting. I especially enjoyed the increasing severity of the "God...America" lines. The last one is terribly ironic...I adore it! You must have a great, honest power, which shows through marvelously in your poetry.
Simple Enigma chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
i think the chinese are gonna take over the world. *blinks* great poem, really great, i love the repition. kudos.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 4/18/2005
Wow, this was excellent in its irony and sarcasm. Says so many things, true in many ways. Amen!
Story-Teller's Aide chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
I liked your cynical use of the term, the way you 'evolved' it to the modern situation, and the way you reverted to the beginning at the end
PoliticsMan101 chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
love the sarcasm in this poem. Thanks for sharing it.
Rakira9 chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
OH YEAH! YOUR AWESOME!

read my profile thinger!

yeah, America is like the new rome huh?
Paint it Black chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
Awesome poem man, and I like how the last two lines offer us some hope. Did you know we're probably going to war with Iran now?
Aimee-Louise chapter 1 . 4/6/2005
right. Just be happy you live in a country that you have a computer and you can write these things and not get in trouble. It's a very inspired poem, though and you're very talented.
ShadowPharoh chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
true. i enjoyed reading this!

SP
Wendy chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Very powerful. It's to the point and completely accuate. God help us.
Fred B chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
I really enjoyed that!
darkmistresslae chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
I like this poem, i saw the title and thought "oh god" but i was wrong. The sarcasm was really good, nice work!