Reviews for Marching On
HollyBaby chapter 1 . 4/14/2008
Wow. Honestly I must admit I am deeply touched by your story, (and it takes allot to get to me since I have to keep myself marching on with a non similar setback myself.) It made me think about my blind character Alex in my story, and every time i think of new scenarios to write with him, my mind starts to go back to your essay. I really wish there was a way to simply say how much of an extreme impact this has on people. (and i was honestly hesitant about posting a comment since I'm afraid people might be like, "gosh holly your so dramatic. It "touched" me blah, blah.) But it did, so here is my comment.

Oh, and good job and the structure. that is important, we all are writers right?
On The Esplanade chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
I very inspirational piece. And I think the length of it only adds to the honesty in it and to go on and add more would lessen its impact. Good job, and thanks for reviewing my story.
The Good Girl chapter 1 . 6/11/2006
Gosh that's amazing. A really emotive piece of writing which captured your fighting spirit from beggining to end. Well done!
Abenaunce chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
oh my gosh...thats so sad!
Ashes.to.Acid chapter 1 . 11/25/2005
Thank you for your review on my story! And to answer your question, it was meant to sound a little vague. I don't remember every to as much detail as I probably should. Now to return the favor.. all I have to say for this is "wow". I really don't believe I could have handled the thought of going blind or having a brain tumor. I know someone that is going blind though.. and it really breaks my heart that he may or may not be able to get help for it. After reading this though, I'm sure everything's going to be just fine. I loved every bit of this biography, you used good vocabulary and brought the situation alive in my mind. Great job!
sarahhbe chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
I think that the first rule of any hardship is exacly what you put here, to march on. This may be simple but the point you want to make is very clear and told in a way that captures the readers attention. I'm sorry you had to go through this but is obviously made you into a strong . Sorry it took so long to get to your stories.
able2Bdifferent chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
is that contest still going on? i'd like to enter it (I have cerebral palsy btw)
emptyword chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
:) Inspiring. I am glad to see that you have gained so much from an experience that most would label "unfortunate." God bless you.
msz.krazii chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Hey there melody mama, just wanted to say thanks for reviewing my story and stuff and stuff :)! My friend and I were just reading over your... biography? essay? And we thought it was very touching that you made it through all those things. Me and my friend are kind of confused about it, how you make it through doing all those things everyone else does (not to be rude..), but it just goes to show how strong you are ;).. keep up the good work! I'll check back soon and how your works going.

- Angelic-disaster
Moonjava chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
Oh, this is wonderful. More power to you! I have a learning disability as well and I thought you told this in such a great and effecting way. So much of what you wrote I've felt off and on through out my life. Even though we have different learning disability . I know the stigmas placed upon this. You did such a great job. Lovely essay/biography.
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
Wow! That's really inspirational at least for me right now.
The Postscript chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
This is a beautiful piece. It reminds me of someone I knew in my grade a couple years ago who died of cancer. The teachers passed on this student would do anything to just learn again and to go to school...cancer and illness certinally does make you more appreciative of the little things.

Thank you for your reviews. I appreciate it greatly. Keep writing.
Enigmatic Huntress chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
This was nicely written. I like how you describe what it felt like to find out but keep it very real. By explaining there was no magic cure but it is important to march on- the reader really connects emotionally with this piece. I admire her strength. The end lines were really inspirational and empowering. Luv Kaitx
Neaera chapter 1 . 7/16/2005
Wow. I really find this peice to be one of those despair-finds-hope works, that just make people want to push on. Like the Niki moto; just do it. Yeah, well I think you did a really great job! Keep it up!
Pheobe Meryll chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
Yes, it is on the short side, but you told your story very well, and you have made a very valid and important point. Now, for that reason, I think you could easily have added another paragragh to the end. The last two sentances, which stood on their own as a reflection of the story's "moral," could have been expanded to a very inspiring little conclusion if given some thought. It would have helped your theme to stay in people's minds to give it a little precedence on its own. Never be afraid, in essays, to "ramble." Essays are a person's thoughts on a given subject. It's a good thing to get your thoughts on the subject written down - and then, after they are all down, you can orginize and trim them to your taste.

Your story is an amazing one. I respect people who have gone through things like that very much. Best wishes!