Reviews for I'm Afraid of Americans
GypsyMothra chapter 2 . 5/30/2005
Is it sad to say that I'm afraid too? I mea, I DO live here, but .. . nice job. I totally agree. Love the Rome reference.
NumblesTheAuthor chapter 2 . 5/5/2005
i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE how you compared America to Rome...i was just saying that the other day and no one got it! so glad i'm not alone on that plane of thinking...:)
NumblesTheAuthor chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
america is a spooky place...where has all the freedom gone? in uncle sam's pocket, along with everything else...
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
The repeting of "I'm afraid of Americans" was a little much at one point but it didn't overly affect me. I really liked this actually, I am American and I scare myself at times, I too am scared at my own people. *laughs* A well written and funny poem. Continue the good work!

!* Noelle *!
BlueRose218 chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
I'm afraid of Americans, too! It is a nice place to live, if you can get away from all of the bigots, but that's impossible. That is great, how "peace-keepers" are the ones spilling all of the blood. I agree with most of your other reviewers on the repetition thing. You say that you're afraid of Americans too many times.
a person chapter 2 . 4/23/2005
im afraid of them to, and i am one!good job
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
Whoa, paranoiaphobia: in all attempts at humility, I don't think I should even touch the name of Jello - he being my number one influence and model for political agitation and poetry. However, I'm pleased to see the compliment; thank you.

And Aimee-Louise... well, while it indeed is a priviledge to live in America, the atrocities of the this government and the peoples' submission to such atrocities is horrendous. I hope someday the truth is made clear to you, for it is painful for me as well as most of the world to endure ignorant chauvinism that all the while stomps on oppressed nations.

- Holocaustpulp (author)
addie pray chapter 2 . 4/21/2005
Awesome. I love this. I'm about to hand out a very auspicious compliment: this sounds like a young Jello (nods solemnly). Keep on.
Aimee-Louise chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
if you're afraid of americans, why dont you leave america? Because America is awesome, thats why. Unless you'd rather live in Africa with aids and too many children that you can pay for.
Plato's Socialist Democracy chapter 1 . 4/18/2005
Amen

God this reminds me of how the 80's suckedeven though i was born in 90i can feel the vibration of it even now

shiver

its time for things to change
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
All criticism has been taken into account. I realize that this poem is sort of the raw product of what I ultimately wanted, and that it indeed lacked some key elements, e.g. it wasn't built enough, didn't convey fear all that much...

I'm working on a poem that has the same concept, but I hope it will turn out better - I'm using the given advice for help.

- Holocaustpulp (author)
The Manifesto chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
Hmm. For some reason, this seems more like a rap song then a poem. Maybe it's the way it rhymes a little bit in some areas, but not at all in others. Ah well.

The whole 'I'm afraid of Americans!' got kinda old after it was repeated twice in a row. Really. The rest of it had a kind of catchy rythm to it, but repeating the title four times in a row really made it seem childish. And like someone already said, this poem is evoking a sense of fear; more like disgust or anger or general frustration.

Anyway, it wasn't bad. Keep working hard, and never let your sense of paranoia fail you.
Story-Teller's Aide chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
I'm so glad to read one of your poems again, I haven;t for so long! A few lines in this really spoke to me. Well done.

(paranoia9)
sylvia's syndrome chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
This has a lot of emotion in it, but not the fear or horror I was expecting from the title. I think this is very well written, but I really don’t like the repeating “I’m afraid of Americans” line. It doesn’t bother me so much when you have it every other line, but four times in a row was a bit overkill. It seemed like a space filler, like you just wanted to make this poem a bit longer. And as I said before, it doesn’t seem entirely appropriate- fear isn’t what the rest of this poem seems to express. Disgust and aversion I can sense, but fear I do not. Anyway, keep up the good work!
olivia chapter 1 . 4/12/2005
Excellent job. A little extreme, but it seems that's what you were going for. Nice.