Reviews for Self
Rocket62204 chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
I absolutely adore this-it's great.
Maisha Mafuriko chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
Our hearts so oft it seems to turn to respectable metals and liken onto stroke victims...the getting on with living. This writing speaks volumns.
catseyeview chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
powerful powerful piece!
like a lover chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
another gorgeous one. that i can't even explain how much i love it. every word was beauty itself, honestly.
Soviet chapter 1 . 4/24/2005
Very powerful.. but long.. the power can barely compensate for the length. There are several lines that seem needless to me and could be cut out. The power and imagry would still be there, but now the poem would be a shorter and more intresting read.. but it's all upto you.
Trajo chapter 1 . 4/24/2005
This is just amazing...and you really need a hug.

And I have a request of you. Do you mind if I post this in my online diary thingy? If you don't want me to I won't, it's just that it's an amazing piece of poetry and it speaks to me.
FeelBeyondWords chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
I'm taking a deep breath as I write this, wondering how to convey to you, how amazing it is.

I have never read anything like it.

A very personal poem, yet everyone's experience.

I'm simply amazed.

Right to my favorites.
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 4/19/2005
Unbelieveably good! This is absolutely stunning work!

I could write pages on this, but I shan't. This work speaks for itself.

VERY WELL DONE

KEEP WRITING!

F.C
KittenX chapter 1 . 4/18/2005
A masterpiece, this is so universal. Shure not the only one to say that this made me choke up. Seriously seering. I was so caught up in your amazing articulate poetic lines especially made me gasp as I look at myself...[I supposethat is my fate,my solemnsuperiorityto loveall those who destroy me.]

I only wish to hopefully someday to write such a profound self examination. Bravo.
breezy nostrils chapter 1 . 4/17/2005
A very powerful message! I loved the imagery you used. Well done!
gothbiboy chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
i like this a lot- i think it is a subliminal story, a recap of painful, and a few joyful memories put together on paper as self therapy, in the form of poetry. i try to think of poetry as self therapy anyway...i think that anyone who reads this would think of themselves, i for sharing this ...
Plato's Socialist Democracy chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
I weep to think ofmy older self there.. Dont worryteen years dont last long

that was a haiku sylablehow fun they r to write awaymake your mind wander away

PSD
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
Ah—you are incredible. Here's something back at you. m

In anonymity we dwell each day,

Long gone the hope that we would find a half,

Lost in some chain of happenstance now done,

We live happy in our circumscribed ways,

Knowing Time irreverent takes prayers,

Kool tobacco menthol to smooth our throats,

When grimacing we cough to clear that knot,

Anticipated when we thought we saw,

An opening in gray overcast day,

Allowing shards of yellow to warm down,

Upon some face—no one particular,

Moving automata along with crowd,

In that glimpse hope reminding us perhaps,

That in the mirror we don't know each day,

What shape will greet us new one day.
Stassney chapter 1 . 4/15/2005
this poem truly leaves me speechless ... amazing
Emilytabone chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
Thanks for my review, Julz, and I just have to say that this is much better than Daylight, by the way.

Blessed Be