Reviews for Self
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
That is so true. Others judge people everyday with out knowing their pasts. I've I ever met you on the street (or anyone) who I think ill of. I must remeber before I judge them that they have a reason for who they are.
l057 1n51d3 chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
very vivid descriptions used. i liked it alot and can somewhat relate.
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
Wow - I don't know what to say to this really. I loved it, but the comment seems out of place somehow due to the content. The honesty and reality in this poem are simply overwhelming. I can't imagine what it's like to be in that sort of situation, but the way you wrote this seemed like opening up a window onto your stage and peering in...I dunno, that sounds kinda cheesy, but that's the only way I can think to describe was a wonderfully written piece, and I think you've got excellent talent for poetry. Well done! *hugs*
Amaranth of Grey chapter 1 . 4/14/2005
Memories, drifting back- forced almost. Or at least- that is how I interpreted the flow. It fills the reader with empathy, even if such a tragedy had not befallen them. And the retrospective look at adolescence was not only tragdic, but also beautiful at the same time. Like drifting through dreams that sift in and out of time- not wanting to wake- for that possible notion that if dreaming it once more- these things you could change. Or, perhaps that is my own negativity spilling into the poem. But anyways, this did come out most beautifully.
thedarkthatiwas chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Nice poem, v/v/good, very empathetic and evocative. Very good. Very indeed! I like.
Saeger chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Oo ... Wow. Great job... I dont know what I could say.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
How soul-bearing. Very moving, very tragic. Builds empathy for the girl throughout the whole poem. Love the last lines, ties it all together. So brave of you to post it. Loved it.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
I believe this to be your best. It is the most shockingly beautiful and honest piece that captures such tangled emotions with eloquence and searing pain.
mebeme14 chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Your poem makes me cry. Ther was a moment in it that I felt like I was the one writing, not reading.
C.J. Mahan chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
"Black fingernail polished dreams" I just love that line. This poem just has a certain... flow... to it, that makes it enjoyable to read, without losing its serious message.
Relayer chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Very ecletic, a deep descriptive look at adolescence. It all works so well! I love this!
26 | « Prev Page 1 2