Reviews for Savage Brutality
Leasah chapter 32 . 2/27
My heart is beating in my throat right now. Good heavens, I need to take slow and calm breaths before next chapter, haha. The tension is like...palpable almost!
I don't know what to think or what to hope for. I am someone who is not so bad at predicting stories and usually I can tell what potential directions they might go, but this just leaves me out in the open with nothing to grab onto...It's like it can go well or it can go bad, but how I have no idea. Well done. Very well done. *claps* :)
I'm so curious of the meeting between Annette and Lex. I'm also wondering if Julian will find out about what Piercy did...I am hoping not, but I don't know!
I am so looking forward to next chapter and more of Lex! Thank you for the update. :)
augmentedDREAMS chapter 32 . 2/27
You are killing me here. Now I'm sure you're stalling. LOL. XD

Also I just couldn't, I absolutely couldn't bear it when earlier in this chapter Julian thought that Gabriel was his one the friend was here to support him and also would be there for him the next day as his best man. You're not only killing Julian, you're also killing me! Why so cruel!? DX

On another note. Haha, I'm glad you like my reviews. I always think that good stories deserve good reviews and often wonder if my review was good.
Guest chapter 31 . 2/26
Woo! I love this story! Can't wait to see what's next! Please update!
Leasah chapter 31 . 2/26
I am so curious. I wonder if Gabriel will even succeed in getting Julian out of the house. I wonder what his reaction will be when he sees the state Julian is in. I'm glad that the next update will be sooner. Thank you!
Emmy chapter 31 . 2/26
I still find it very hard to sympathize with Julian. He deserves everything thats coming to him. Great job on keeping the suspense going...can't wait for the next chapter.
augmentedDREAMS chapter 31 . 2/24
This is making me feel so bad! Julian thinks Pierce is there to be his friend! DX
3 chapter 30 . 2/22
I think the last chapter I read before yesterday was... chapter 22 or 23. Gosh, I really like this. I admit, I don't like the characters, but I like the story, and I like how incredibly real they are. I mean, I know a bunch of people who never learn from their mistakes. They keep on repeating the same mistakes over and over again. They blame other people for their faults.

Lex though... When I was a kid, I've always thought I was always right about everything I was talking about. I wouldn't admit my mistakes and everything.

Anyway enough about me. I like it.
Guest chapter 30 . 2/18
I don't like seeing Lex so weak and defeated. She's not herself unless she's trying to fight Julian. I hope she gets her fire back soon. Looking forward to a scene between those two. I really love your writing style and please update soon!
Bookworm chapter 29 . 2/14
Is it wrong I'm still team Julian? Like I feel like him and lex could work things out of they just talked...
augmentedDREAMS chapter 30 . 2/13
Ah, I am so impatient! I can't wait for more! I know that this chapter was important but it feels like you're stalling (I know you're not). Haha. Don't mind me please. I am just joking. But do update soon. I really can't wait!

I really enjoyed reading these last two chapters. Also I read all the review responses. In the beginning I had also felt a bit revolted but it just took understanding the characters better to realize this is not some "Fifty Shades of Grey" -esque book which promotes, domestic abuse, rape and misogyny. You never said that this was going to be a romance between two people which is going to be all sunshine and roses. Heck, the very first scene in the book was Lex trying to escape as Julian HUNTED her! I think that was a fair warning.

In my opinion, there is no domestic abuse here. Julian has been lenient and he is the type of man who would not take a hit silently without retaliating whether it is a man or a woman. He was just responding to Lex. Lex is no damsel in distress and neither is Julian a knight in shining armour. Both of them are just humans. Not even flawed humans. They are not flawed for feeling. They feel anger, hatred, sadness and disgust just like every other human. Fate (or in this case, the writer. Haha) just delt them a bad hand. Just because this story isn't "pleasant", people shouldn't be so quick to judge it.

The only way this story would ever have been revolting if Lex actually had been a damsel in distress, and she would've fallen in love with Julian and they would've lived happily ever after (which sounds a lot like Fifty Shades now that I think about it). But that isn't happening here, is it? No, both of them a completely reasonably complex characters and doing anything else in this situation would be so extremely out of character for them, I can't even imagine.

This is not some sappy romance. People are fools to expect that after all this. This is not rushed if the reader's thoughts and opinions change constantly and in sync along with Lex's (which happened in my case). Try to see this from Lex's even Julian's and Annette's points of views. Every character in their own minds is doing the right thing. Not everyone in a story is going to be completely rational, fair to other's feelings and nice. They would all just end up being Mary Sues and frankly, there won't be any story left if that happened.

Sigh. I just get so angry when people judge stories and characters without actually fully understanding them. Especially when said stories and characters are so in dept and well written. In all the thirty chapters nothing you have written has seemed out of character to me. It is like the characters are writing their own stories and you are just giving them a voice. This is when you know a story is great! When it's not the author's story but the characters'.

Anyway, enough ranting (LOL, sorry about the lengthy rant, btw). I am really worried for Annette. She is manipulating Gabriel and even though they are mutually in love, what will happen when Gabriel will realize that Annette has been playing him. His trust would be broken and I am afraid that he would not trust her anymore and would also not court her.
Leasah chapter 30 . 2/13
Ooooh, it is about to happen! I'm glad you wrote out the details of Annette convincing Piercy, because otherwise it might have felt...incomplete? Annette's feelings for Pierce are kind of adorable. He seems innocent compared to her, but I cannot help but like them together. Pierce's loyalty towards Julian is admirable. But I am glad Julian has such a friend in Pierce.
Also, I think it quite an important moment that Lex has finally given in to it all. Admitting defeat and deciding to shut herself down. I'm curious to where things will go for her from here on out.
I'm curious if Annette will get to see Lex. So many questions!
Thanks so much for the update! I enjoyed it very much. :)
Emily17 chapter 30 . 2/13
yayyy! I'm so glad you started reading my story! I'd prefer if you reviewed after each chapter, so I know what you're thinking each step of the way. :) it's really up to you though.
I'm so excited to see how you're gonna end this story. It's gonna be interesting.
Guest chapter 29 . 2/8
I hope Lex doesn't just accept and forgive Julian that easily. He was really quick to put the blame on Lex's family for everything that happened to his. I mean I can understand why he blames Richard but Lex and her mother are innocent in this is. I hope Lex majes him realize how his mother had a huge role to play in what happened to his family. She committed adultery and continued to pursue a married man. Both her and Richard are at fault so there is absolutely no justification for what Julian "planned".
Leasah chapter 29 . 2/4
I am so anxious of what will happen next. I don't want Benji to save Lex...Is that odd? I think Lex has somewhat brought a hint of sanity to Julian, even though not in the way she was trying to. I don't know. He really seems to like her and there's a storm raging inside him. Sometimes I fear the worse for him at the end of all this. I feel sorry for Lex. I won't say I understand Julian...but I can understand that what he's going through is a lot. I'm glad that he still has the sense to feel guilty about what he almost did to her. I'm kind of hoping Benji's plan will blow up in his face, but without Annette being affected negatively...I'm so excited to know what will happen next. Yay for more frequent updates! I'm loving the idea of that. I also love you!
Guest chapter 29 . 2/2