Reviews for Savage Brutality
AboutAs SubtleAs A FlyingBrick chapter 45 . 12h
Don't feel torn over the ending of this story, and don't doubt your writing ability. Writing is a skill that is always improving despite how good and bad you are, in your case you're extremely talented. You created complex characters and made it work. You tied up and unraveled incredibly complicated plots. Im so happy with the end result of your story and think you've finished it perfectly.

This story is honestly one of my favourites and I don't have many favourites! I'm also a very picky and select reader so you're really on to something if I've been reading your story all this time.

That cheeky little scene after the wedding was great ;) I love a bit of cheekiness in stories :D I have you on my alert now so any new stories will be eagerly anticipated.

Ciao x
AboutAs SubtleAs A FlyingBrick chapter 41 . 12h
I actually shed a tear when poor Benji died. Lex's speech at the end there reminded me of Emilia from Othello; she says the following quote regarding women's role in a man's life "They (men) are but stomachs and we (women) are but food, they eat us hungrily then belch us out"
smrae chapter 45 . 5/12
I can't believe it's over! I am heartbroken that it's over, but so happy they ended up together. Their relationship was so well developed in this story and you did a wonderful job. The twist and turns in your story were awesome and really surprised me. I am so looking forward to reading more of your work. Congratulations on completing this wonderful story and looking forward to your next!
riverowl145 chapter 45 . 5/11
Hi,
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your story. I have followed it since Chapter 5 when I first found it and I couldn't stop reading it and I just wanted more! Your dialogues between Lex and Julian were so well written and thought out. I loved the style. I thought the ending was perfect. They just seemed like they couldn't have gone through that and then not have ended up together. I hope this does get published on Kindle. You deserve it!
Best of luck,
riverowl145
Bookworm chapter 45 . 5/10
They ended up together! Ok I know she was hesitant about children but any kids they might have would be adorable monsters. With Julian and Lex for parents I'd expect nothing less. I'm sure with their whole new leaf think they would teach the children manners, but I could see Lex teaching kids how to climb trees and Julian teaching a girl or boy how to throw a punch or something! Sorry for the random tangent. I am so happy you finished the story and I know they were horrible people but together it's like they make a less fiendish person!
Leasah chapter 45 . 5/10
It might sound odd, but I feel contented. It is rarely that I feel this way about a good story, but it is what I feel after a ending that is fitting. By fitting I mean that for one I am pleased with it, but also that it is a believable outcome for all the things that have happened throughout the story. This is in my opinion a masterpiece. (I don't think I have ever said that about any story on here)
The base, the buildup, the character. Oh, the characters. I loved reading about every single one of them. They felt like real people. Especially, of course, Lex and Julian. I love how their personalities developed throughout the story, yet they did not change at all...if you get what I mean. I can completely see what you are saying, when you say that they took over the story from you, haha. :)
The outcome, the forgiveness, the change in perception it is all just so perfectly right.
Feeling contented doesn't mean, however, that I will not miss the story, the characters, the updates. :) At least I have sequel to look forward to. Thank you for that.
And of course, thank you so much for sharing this story with us. Another thing I haven't said about any story on here before: I'm hoping to buy this when it gets published. (...Maybe someday even as a book also...) I really wish you the best of luck with this. :)
I love you. Thanks again...I am not sure if I've said everything I wanted to, but I might another review if I remember I haven't. :)
Leasah chapter 44 . 5/10
Ah, this was perfect! The long discussion was completely in place. If the convincing would have taken any less longer, it would not have seemed in line with the rest of the story. As with all their dialogues, I enjoyed every moment of this. It was believable, bittersweet and the fact that Lex didn't lose her fire was satisfying. None of them turned into a pile of sugary goo and that was just perfect.
Thanks for the update, I am so excited to read the last chapter immediately.
Anna chapter 45 . 5/9
Thank you for what was probably the most substantive and brilliant piece I've read on Fictionpress. From the very first forest scene onward your work has really stood out from the rest with its plot, imagery and fascinating characters and I absolutely share your sentiment on Lex and Julian having needed to end up together. I'm glad to see it be finished but at the same time a little sad. I think I started reading when you had nine or ten chapters done and have been reading ever since. Updated chapters of your story have been such a treat and helped me pull through studying and rainy days.

I wish you all the best in New Zealand, have an amazing year.

From Dublin and formerly Finland with love,
Anna
augmentedDREAMS chapter 45 . 5/9
"but it felt true to the characters and just seemed right."

You just said what I wanted to say in the A/N in the beginning I felt like they could never be together. Some ten chapters earlier I would have been all for the Lex killing Julian but like I daud in an earlier review and you said just now in your A/N that it is like the characters are writing their own story and to me as well it just felt right. I don't know when my outlook changed. I had known that they would not be together and until two or three chapters but then suddenly the idea of them NOT being together started to seem absurd. It would have been so horrible and unnecessary too. After all the effort to right everything them not forgiving each other and not giving it a chance would be hypocritical.

I am glad. I like the ending very much. This whole story had me guessing at every moment in every chapter. Even till chapter forty four I was wondering if whether Julian would reject her or would they only forgive each other and go separately on their own way but I am happy for both of them and I admit while them going their separate ways would have been more realistic I prefer this ending. Although, I am sad for Annette. I hope the sequel address on Annette and Piercy (and Jenny)'s story.

I can't believe this story has ended. It seems like it was just yesterday when I started reading this story but it also feels that I have been following Julian and Lex's story for a long time. That reminds me, I don't know if it'd just me but the final scene just felt weird. Probably because I've been reading about Julian and Lex for so long and it just feel weird when you know the two people so well and you're reading about them like that, lol. Besides after all this, the idea of them being mellow and in love will have to take some getting used to. Haha. XD
Guest chapter 45 . 5/9
Thankyou thankyou thankyou. And welcome to Sydney!
Leasah chapter 43 . 5/9
I am so glad she has decided to see him. My heart clenched when Jenny said that he would go away and might never return. I can't believe this is going to end...
I am also glad that Lex sees Jenny as a friend and decided to share everything. Even her most honest feelings. :)
Guest chapter 43 . 5/9
Please post them tomorrow! I'm so sad to see it all end. Hope you write a sequel.
blingdog chapter 42 . 5/9
2MORROW!
U hv 2 upload it 2morrow
its vital 4 my sanity 2 know wat hapns nd also coz my xams r in 3 days
dis z literally my stress buster
nd 1 more thing
U R AWWWWWWESOME!
Guest chapter 43 . 5/9
TOMORROW
ice-cold-pepsi chapter 43 . 5/9
Oh no, I can't believe that this is actually coming to an end soon!

Wow, so much has happened in the last few chapters! I found it rather surprising that Julian actually changed, gained a clearer insight AND realised he was in love with Lex just through a conversation with Piercey (not complaining however). And it's nice to see that Lex has definitely grown and matured through this experience. To be honest, with the direction this story was going after Nightshade died, I thought you were going to kill off Julian- never imagined it would be Benji and in that fashion (poor Lex, it will definitely haunt her forever).
I desperately wish that Julian and Lex do get together as I think- like Jenny said- they are the only ones who can heal each other in the long run. And no, this isn't just from the 'happily ever after' in me (if you asked me a few chapters back, I definitely would not have believed they would end up together- would have been just as dysfunctional) but I do believe they suit each other very well, particularly now since the obstacles and secrets have all been revealed. Oh, I'm sooo looking forward to the next chapter. Lex has gotta let loose her fiery attitude and just...oh i don't know, kiss him! haha They need to put each other of their current misery.

After following this story so eagerly, I'm very sad that there are only two installments left (hope they're long! haha) but happy that there will be a sequel (yes, it's not the 'end end'!). I look forward to reading them but, at the same time, not anticipating the 'my favourite TV/book series has ended and I don't know what to do with my life suddenly' feeling haha :P

That said, welcome to my homeland! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
480 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »