Reviews for static
Jezsh chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
I love that image of the child and the tsunami, powerful. And 'time crawls like glass' a lovely line. Powerful, provocative and deeply interesting.
addie pray chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
This is one of the most beautiful and chilling poems I've read in a long while. Fantastic. Everything in this works, and gets progressively more powerful line by line.
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 5/30/2005
amazing. the imagery, metaphors, and vocabulary are stunning. gorgeous.
Moonjava chapter 1 . 5/30/2005
Wow, I am just staggered by how beautiful and painful this really is.

'caustic arrows speeding from his tongue ...'

I just love that. Wonderful.
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Some lovely lines in there: "meekly waiting for him to detonate". Great imagery - I liked the contrast. Also, some interesting descriptions: "dull pins and needles upon the rubber flesh" this was almost rubber-chicken like. Rubber flesh as in she bounces back, is thick-skinned, they don't penetrate, or she's inhuman from it? Interesting; I liked how it's interpretable.

"no, ignorance is overrated" was good. It worked almost as the narrator stepping in and talking out-of-script. Similarly, from the initial descriptions tthrough to the end, it becomes more like this. "and she figures she has all eternity to forget" 'Figures' seems more conversation-like. Which is interesting.

Good poem. Nice effects.
Eirien chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
Intriguing, really well written, very dense and it takes some time to take in all the images which are well chosen and quite unusual. One can try to piece together a background story for the relationship portrayed here ... A truly interesting and well-written poem.
arcane devices chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
here are excellent, decent if not great flow, don't really like long poems but this one's an exception. nice. -ADD
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
Wow, exquisite and lovely.
linaeve chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
oh, beautiful. i adored the evocativeness (not quite sure if that's a word or not) of this.

"but time crawls like glass"- interesting comparison there, but it's certainly effective.
smile persephone chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
This is so powerful; there's so much emotion. Every word is filled with beauty. Euphoric.
Cloud Burst chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
wow this is just - wow! brilliantly portrayed and great choice of words - just awesome!
Anjeni Windsinger chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
The power in this is just so overpowering, it's amazing. Images rush at you, and you can't really tell them apart until the line where the child is running to the tsunami - for me, anyways. Excellent, excellent write yet again - I really loved this.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 4/24/2005
death's oblivion grants us a respite,

denies us of consciousness of all spite,

and i certainly don't long for a rite,

that marks all my being's no more sprite,

now's just ashes on a funeral pyre,

for though life presses & can often tire,

dead men can't conceive of being proud sire,

and dark grave corrupts even song's gold lyre,

so when i stare at beautiful church spires,

and see how humanity all aspires,

that life should go on—"soul never expires,"

and a church everything of ours acquires,

it becomes apparent that it's not trite,

that we should strive with all our soul’s great might,

to hold on fast,—with every muscle tight,

to every little bit that life does light.
Xavier Everett chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
Great job! I love your poems: even if I can't understand them completely at first. Keep on writing.
CoolBeans18s chapter 1 . 4/20/2005
The power of this poem is amazing. Everyone word you've written connects so intricately together, conveying such a beautiful, sorrowful meaning. The ending, however, was what really made me cry - "but time crawls like glass/and she figures she has all eternity to forget" - those struck a chord in me. Amazing, beautiful! It moved me deeply.

~ Coolbeans18s