Reviews for womental instability
from beneath the bell jar chapter 1 . 2/12/2007
wow this poem was the epitome of a perfection I can't explain. It was perfect and I loved it. Esp. the stanzas about Valentine's day, looking for Narnia in all the lockers, and singing disney songs, and also the bit about Sylvia Plath, well, the whole poem. Perfect. I loved the madness of it - the denial (when she says all men are wimps), and trying to escape reality. Great piece. Not sure I understand the ending though *pout* but I will reread. Once again, utterly fantastic.
in theory chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Wow. I'm lost for words, I loved every line of this.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 6/19/2005
sadly frightening. love the last two stanzas especially. you're very good with tying things up at the end. crazy is all a matter of perspective (as are most things in life, but hey). liked this v. much.

-salt.
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
brilliant, absolutely brilliant. AMAZING format, original idea, and wonderful use of words, as usual. beautiful job...-gives you a cookie- good job.
and flowers chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
so pleasant. you are going on my favorites. you are simply wonderful.
WiredWords chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
i think it was effective the way you jump around from scenes of fairy tales, to romance to popoular literaure and then brought it all back to familiar scenes like school. the dropping words worked well. 'lust-red' was brilliant, brilliant, rate my poetry when you get the chance
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 5/21/2005
a choice is not for condemnation's sake,

in life so many paths to climb one hill,

while tesselations fill night sky's journey,

yes my friend,—we are quite mad you and I,

but in the company of eight billion,

minds that delusional believe they're sane,

there's always hope of large digressions fond,

excursions into worlds that they can't see,—

i've been through rabbit-holes and mirrors flat,

inhabited in lands where love exists,

seen places where music is red heart's soul,

discovered golden means that treasure life,

and I can tell you this with surety,

your mind is the most precious of all gifts,

nurture it,—as tender as an orchid,

for you will offer world a beauty rare.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
Fascinating. I like it.
addie pray chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
Fantastic. I can't really offer much more than that. Just fantastic.
sine chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
-applause

I was shocked, startled, stunned and surprised by the subject matter of this poem. It is sad.

I like.
Ohmm chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
Your disjointed storytelling is beautifully lyrical. Going on favorites!
Laiqualaurelote chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
You're sending loads of mixed messages. And they're all alarming.

Are you referring to yourself? (Narnia and all) Except some of the allusions seem a bit irrelevant.

(the WOODBRIDGE home)

The last line intrigues me. I don't know why.

Love, Livvy. I've been WAITING for you to update...
catseyeview chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
loved the format...awesome poem
tablesalt chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
whoa. nice stuff, melly. and yeah, we're all mad. "she tried to dive into the riverbut the water wasn't there"lovely. -salt.
lostontheroof chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Have I told you before you're an amazing writer? I'm sure I have, but just in case: you're awesome. Definetly one of my favorites of all time. Hardly ameture to me.