Reviews for A Guide to FictionPress
Ronald DeMitchel chapter 15 . 5/31/2020
I liked this guide. I felt that the way you laid each subject out by chapter made it easy to follow. There is one grammatical error which stood out to me in chapter fifteen. It's the phrase "more simpler," where you are talking about posting more stories. You might want to fix that so it makes more grammatical sense.
flamesword01 chapter 15 . 3/30/2018
This guide was very helpful and informative! Thank you so much! I'm sure this is a resource I'll come back to again and again.
Kittybalt chapter 15 . 1/3/2018
Thank you for this guide. It ought to be a mandatory read for all new members of FP.
I do have a feeling, though, that the ones who need it the most, wouldn't care to read it, anyway. ;-)

Alright, just a thought... Would it make sense to include a chapter about author notes at the beginning and the end of a chapter/story?

I do realise that you posted this many years ago, and I have no idea, if you're still revising it. I haven't been on FP for years, so there may be some way of telling, if you're still revising it or not, and I just haven't noticed yet.

Okay, so, constructive review - done!
Have a nice day! :-)
TheCrimsonDM chapter 3 . 4/8/2016
Although I appreciate your opinion and I agree that a lot of new writers have a hard time deciding the rating of their story, heck I still have trouble and I've been writing for years. The problem comes in when we take a look at what kinds of things are allowed in rated teen movies, or young adult genera fiction. Harry Potter gets screwed up by the end, and there are decapitations in the Hobbit. So what is rated teen is very different then mature, and I can only hope that the staff at FP are not as... strict as you are suggesting here.

Thanks for making this guide. XD
misorai chapter 10 . 7/13/2015
Thank you for the explanation. I've written stories about two people who don't know each other, and trying to find out each others identity, not really a hard theme but i chose mystery. What do you think? I mean, i confused between mystery and young adult...
Mignonette Belva Black chapter 15 . 6/29/2015
thanks for the guide,
don't mind if i fav it?
chosobestboi chapter 11 . 3/10/2015
You should describe what each genre means...
succboi chapter 3 . 1/29/2015
I understand your point completely! I think the main problem is that kids who really shouldn't be doing certain things ARE doing it. For example, I accidentally watched my Pewdiepie video when I was nine. In the same way, I watched Gotham, thinking it would be similar to the Dark Knight Trilogy, only I watched it to fond that it was a lot more violent. Even though I've only just become a teenager, I've lost the innocence of someone my age would usually have because of these things. This is the reason that a rather violent story like mine is a T rather than an M like you suggested- because I'm judging it by what I know as appropriate for my age- The amount of twelve year olds at my bus stop who use to the 'f' word every other sentence is ridiculous, but most people are just used to it.
This is a really good essay thing and I read it when I first joined fictionpress to help me get started! Thanks!
EL
Katje Kaase chapter 15 . 4/25/2014
Nice guide but I need to know how to edit a review I posted on another author's story. I made a typing error and want to correct it. Is there a way to edit my review?
DEAFHPN chapter 3 . 7/28/2013
I think this is a good idea it helped me a bit I edited the ratings for my stories.
WindStorm96 chapter 10 . 3/23/2013
What would apocalyptic be classified under?
AurorA-Kojima chapter 15 . 7/16/2011
This is actually quite helpful. Thanks. :)
Part-time Perfectionist chapter 15 . 7/9/2011
Awesome guide! I just joined FP today and I found this really helpful for getting to know my way around the site. I'll probably come back to it quite a bit in the next couple of weeks for reference. :D
Celtical Colours chapter 9 . 9/12/2010
Thanks for this guide, i'm sure it's pretty helpful to many, but there was one thing on this chapter. There are many people from a country where english will be learned later on, so the grammar will not be magnificent for those, me included, and that's why some people are writing stories.

And i know for a fact my stories are not perfect, heck they are far from that, and after i read this, i somewhat lost my courage to write, and i'm sure you did not meant that. Just as someone else pointed out, some parts are more of an opinion than a fact, and i'm sure you could not help than give an opinion, but there are moments an opinion shouldn't be placed.

But for a whole, i am happy that you've put this guide online, and i hope i'm able to use the tips.

Sorry about the grammar mistakes in this review, i'm only learning English for about two years from school.
L'Archange chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
I really enjoyed what you've got here. Thank you for writing and posting this. One would think that your topics of discussion should be common sense, but I suppose it's not so common - heck, it was great to see some tips in writing - an awesome reference tool. It's now a "Favorite" :)

Hoping to read more of your stuff - Gabriella