Reviews for Quid Pro Quo
Endowment's Seraph chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
that all? man when you siad you had to I was afraid you were going to make gideon a jerk or her do something stupid like push him away. *sigh* it's still not good about lucian but I'd rather this then anothr story with the denying of the feelings. heh. well write mroe soon~Mel
anon chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
hmm. good story. written fairly well, nice style. pft, that made me sound like such a ponce, but anyway. Just found this today, nice to find a fic like this. It just seems like you're flailing for a plot a bit but. The father fainting and going to hospital, Lucian (cute kid) almost drowning. Do these have any connection to the end? Any relevance? They were done well, granted, but seem somewhat useless in terms of plot, just providing something to write , and Gideon seems to lack a bit of, oh, realism, I suppose. Although the panic attack was the story. Oh, and any comments I've made are my own opinion, and you can completely ignore them if you , a reader.
aj chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
*weeps*

my heart broke when I read the line where Lucian breaks his arm! (or twists it horribly...?)

the perfect moment always has to be ruined...the first few lines of this chappy were great!
Kira chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
ahh omg poor little lucian! and gideon! please update soon! pretty please?
FrozenWaterFaerie chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
It's so... sad. Anyway, good things must come next right. To balance it all out.
Carbon Slash chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
Oh a twist! Love it. Looks like Lucian likes Nora very much haha.
Aquafied chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
aw, this chapter (20) is slightly sad, i dont know why.

everything seems to happen so fast these days.

but do go more into what happens to him, little kids almost drowning, is not good, well, in the way, that little kids dying isn't good.

i like the suspense

i hope you feel better.
murfdurf22 chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
poor lucian, and my god, gideon going into shock like that, thats crazy
TirzahRuth chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
Le Gasp!

Poor Lucian!

At least he's conscious, though! And not possibly dead! Oh, now I feel sad.

Update is needed.

~Tirz
pneumothorax chapter 20 . 7/5/2005
The four lines describing his splash into the water were quite simple like accidents are, although possibly the drowning idea/half-dying is overdone in fics (but hell, I've used it. It works a genius usually). The descripitions of actions:

'Gideon is fumbling, trying to get out of the water and shaking so badly he can’t step up onto the cement ground.

“Gideon, I need you.” I shriek, pushing harder and putting my mouth to his.'

I thought these worked well. Original, and a good scene. However, the use of the story to pass times almost removes the reader from the story, so that part seems less realistic.

Aside from this, it's a good chapter:

'I stare down at the bundle in my arms, which has been reduced from a twenty-one year old masquerading as a five-year-old to a four-year-old masquerading as a five-year-old.'

This line's a clincher. It got me somehow.
IsabellaCat chapter 19 . 7/4/2005
how sweet! I love your story... hope you update soon. Gideon is kinda confusing, but he's my favorite character. )
The Bostonian chapter 19 . 7/3/2005
Hmm... interesting flashbacks. I would REALLY like to know more about the whole pseudo-Ya-Ya thingy. And then get back to the present, for goodness sake! Especially considering where you left them!
Gingerly chapter 19 . 7/2/2005
But how are they cousin's again. I didn't get it. Go back to Gideon and Nora of the presents. It's alot more interesting
Maroon chapter 19 . 7/2/2005
SO basically I had your fiction on my favourites list right from the beginning and was one of the first to reveiw. But then i dunno i went off your fiction, but then you corrected it and rewrote some of the chapters. So your fiction has been sitting in my favrourite's list for a while and whenever i look at the list your fiction is normally near the top. So why havent i clicked and read on? Not sure so today I thought hey you revewiwed mine and I loved your story at the beginning so why shouldnt i now.

So i read it and loved it all over again. Eagerly waiting to read the next chapter, and well done for the reveiws!

(Also I looked on your profile and I couldn't beleive how many fictions you had started but never finished. I think your like me...you start something then another idea interupts and you want to write that fiction or you just lose inspiration- thats what happens to me. Like I have 4 stories on the go at the moment, but i also have at least 5 other ideas for fictions. So well done for sticking with this fiction!)

Sorry this hasn't really been a reveiw more like my ramblings...oh well I hope you got that I do love this fiction!

Love maroon
Bellissimo Addio chapter 19 . 7/1/2005
Aw... It's sweet and sad, so it's bittersweet. :'( *Chuckles* Rock. People actually name their kids Rock? That is certainly fascinating... I cannot survive without good stories. NEED GOOD STORIES! Update this and The Weather Is Here, I Wish You Were Beautiful soon! I love the weather one... It is so funny. Heh.

~~Jamie