Reviews for Quid Pro Quo
Lunar Ecalypso chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Interesting...I can't wait to read more!
Useless Art chapter 16 . 5/12/2005
Hm... I'm not sure if I quite like this chapter. The whole thing seems a bit too dramatic. She's already lost her mother- another piece of drama this brutal might be a little over the top. Besides, it just seems like a quick fix for the ending of the last chapter. It would be better just to fix Chapter 15. I'm sorry to be harsh- taken apart from the rest of the story, it's good. However, with everything else in the story, it's kind of much.

Bona fortuna!

Caitlin
FamousOneLiners chapter 17 . 5/12/2005
omg i love this storyand books that i really liked from this list isThe Catcher in the Rye, One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Go Tell It on the Mountain, Invisible Man, those four were my favorite, but in all honesty you have an amazing list from east of eden to grapes of wrath to catch 22 to their eyes are watching god to the junglehaha i love to read, what can i say?
Useless Art chapter 15 . 5/12/2005
I think she forgave him a bit too quickly here, especially considering the drama his cousin caused. However, I like the pickle bit at the end. Very funny.
J.Szewczuk chapter 17 . 5/12/2005
Read The Catcher in the Rye. It's the only one I remember enjoying on that list.
Useless Art chapter 13 . 5/12/2005
I loved these little drabbles. They really helped with a lot of character background. Nice.

Another one I like:Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum.

Gotta love Latin. ;)

Well, that's about all I can say on these. They're quite lovely.
Sarah chapter 17 . 5/12/2005
Still going with Catcher, but I'd rec Joy Luck Club since it is on the list. I've actually read both and enjoyed both as well.
Sarah chapter 16 . 5/12/2005
I love Catcher in the Rye, Hate Ayn Rand, and also love Amy Tan... who I believe wrote Kitchen God's Wife. I've only read Joy Luck Club, but that was good enough for me to make a rec.I'd also suggest Catch 22 since it's a must read.
maurameister chapter 6 . 5/12/2005
though this is kinda confusing this is still really really REALLY goodkeep up the good work and please update ASAP!
it's only castles burning chapter 17 . 5/12/2005
Read Catcher in the Rye because it's quick and easy to figure out (hint-symbolism and the red hunting hat). Also read The Sun Also Rises because its beautifully boring, in a sparse sort of way, and if you can get through the part with th bull fights, it's actually a pretty good story. Hemingway rocks.
Carbon Slash chapter 16 . 5/12/2005
Wow, Nora must feel really really guilty. I mean, she's only seven, and she indirectly killed Seth... that must be hard to handle. Anyway, another great chapter~
reader chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
this is sorta sad she seems so lonely! I think it'll get alot better though!
roxy-babe912 chapter 16 . 5/12/2005
WOW.

It's amazing. It's funny. It's so wor thwhile and refreshing. I LOVE IT.

Please update and maybe if yoiu had time, check out something of mine.
PhoenixFire415 chapter 16 . 5/12/2005
This is great! Please continue! I like that you go back to Nora's and the others' pasts. It is all very interesting. Well, post the next chapter up soon!
nameless chapter 16 . 5/12/2005
By the way, sorry to have to review twice, but...ignore this: 'They have merit, of course, but their themes just won't be as common on-.' Incomplete thought, obviously. I think I was just going to say that you will read lots of other stuff in your class that'll give you more than enough safe writing material for the exam-again, if that's one of your objectives. Ayn Rand is another you can attack outside of class...twisting your way through the complexities of her mind might prove a little distracting. :-) Like WarriorHeart said though, it certainly gives you much to ponder upon if you care to do so. Again echoing WarriorHeart, any of those books would look pretty next to a study guide, just so you'll be able to discuss them through and through.

Geez, something else I forgot-in addition to their wonderful substance, most all of the ones that I've read were able to hold my interest plot-wise, so hopefully there will be no worries there.

About 'Their Eyes Were Watching God' and 'Invisible Man' - Have you ever read 'Native Son' by Richard Wright? That's another that goes really well with those two...Ellison and Wright were pretty much staunch rivals of Hurston...makes for some pretty striking differences and comparisons. Oh, and 'TEWWG' was written in colloquial language which does take a few pages to get used to.

Okay, I'm stopping this because I really don't think this is going to be much help. You might feel the complete opposite about any of these works anyway, so there's no point to rambling on and on and on and -
743 | « Prev Page 1 .. 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 42 .. Last Next »