Reviews for Quid Pro Quo
satinsmoke chapter 4 . 5/4/2005
and...they meet! :) the note kinda confuses me..."she says she has not time for you now." huh? who's she?

and oh, we got to hear part of nora's song. i cant wait to hear it in full :)
FrozenWaterFaerie chapter 8 . 5/4/2005
Hi. 2. You probably should add some background. Not in one setting or anything. Draw it out a bit for suspence. Maybe a few conversations here and a few flashbacks there. 3. I think Lucian should be about 7 or 8. Then he is still young but has more of a concept of the world. And if you want to get rid of him for a bit, just say he is in school or doing homework.221. Seven characters (main ones) are enough. You can always add in small minor characters for effect and then throw them away. 222. A weekly longupdateplease.
satinsmoke chapter 3 . 5/4/2005
...AHAHAHA.

one minor thing: im not sure ppl tend to hire babysitters on the spot when they barely kno the person...i suppose the mother's psycho enough to get away with doing something liek that, but SERIOUSLY. thats some serious bad judgement. she could be hiring a serial killer for all she knows :).

anyway...gideon sounds hott already :). i mean, a painter? hello? :)
satinsmoke chapter 2 . 5/4/2005
hehe...and the plot unfolds :). the little kid's crazy. heh, bet shes gonna have LOTS of fun babysitting him. but...one hundred dollars per weekend...*drools*. :):)
satinsmoke chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
nice beginning...your main character sounds interesting :). and LOL about the grisham...hehe.
Dina Rogoziansky chapter 8 . 5/4/2005
ok, 1. 'corny'and 'cliche' basically mean it's been done before. a lot. like if u have ur main two characters who are lovers n such, both die b/c of a misunderstanding, that would be cliched. thats exactly like romeo and juliet, u know? so yea, stay away from cliched stuff. make ur story origional. i know u have the talent to do it. :)

2. no, there's no need to have the whole background info on EXACTLY wut happened to her mom, b/c a. it's overdone (cliche alert! cliche alert!), and b. no offense, but ppl (at least i do) want to read wut happens b/w nora and gideon, not nora and her mom. its very clear that she really loves her mom n misses her terribly.

3. yes, definitely change lucian's age. i mean, four? wut is he, einstein? make it 7 at least.

4. nora's my fave character b/c i know the most about her. i can't judge the rest, not really, b/c i barely know anything about them.

5. nope, seven is fine. dont add more, it'll just get confusing. besides, it'll make it harder for you, i think, b/c u'd have to incorporate the new ppl in. like, give em a background, goal, their own personality, etc...

6. i prefer a weekely LONG update, b/c the short entries arent enough. i can wait a week.

7. yea, i think it's got it in it to make it to 20 chapters or so. theres a lot of potential in the story, a lot of room for stuff to happen.

8. no, no holes.
Julia chapter 8 . 5/4/2005
Sorry, I will answer these questions another time. I believe I usually do review your story, but I haven't been because my computer doesn't like me and my hard drive decided to die. Yay! I'm a reviewer that acts like some authors and always makes excuses. (Not you, though). I would review, but I have to redo all of my favorite stories because they were saved under my favorites in my internet explorer on my old computer. Your story was the first one I found, so it pays to update often like you. Just thought I'd let you know that!
WarriorHeart chapter 8 . 5/4/2005
2. I think it would be cool to see the info on her mom through her dad remembering.

3. Keep it the same, it puts emphasis on the loss of their father. Maybe that should play more into the story a bit.

4. My favorite character, well, I'm not sure if it's considered a character, would be the cat. I have a cat, cats are important and I love this one's (from the story) personality.

5. I think you have enough characters, unless you want to create some as Gideon's friends. Minor ones would work, just to go along with a look at his swimming and school and such.

6. Weekly, long updates! *thinks about it some more* Well, lets put it this way, I will keep reading no matter what.

7. Yes, this story has the potential for at least twenty chapters! We still need to learn all about the mothers' relationship, see the relationship between Nora and Gideon grow from a confused and irritated state into something... "more". (Yes, I will leave that vauge, because you are the writer and can cause whatever lovey-dovey stuff or hearbreak you want.)

8. I don't think you've left any plot holes, this story is still getting started.

I also wanted to mention that seeing the Latin makes my day. I took three years of it, from 8th-10th grade, and miss it dearly. I was going to write something, but don't have a dictionary with me, and the translators online I found suck. It's nice to be taken back. If you know of any word banks or good dictionaries online, let me know! lol, and year three... wo that grammar! I still conjugate words before falling alseep sometimes.
spikedmango chapter 9 . 5/4/2005
Okay, I've been thinking about this for over half an hour. Don't laugh. I finally picked Harely. His last name is Jenkins, but if anyone asks, he'll tell them to fuck off. (his word not mine) Short, shaggyish brown hair, brown eyes, 17ish. High school dropout, small-time crook (shoplifting, pickpocketing, stealing out of cars) and works as a valet for some big fancy romantic restaurant downtown (he has no remorse about taking spare change from cars or joyriding when possible). He could enter the story by stealing Nora's purse or something. His biggest ambition is to move up to house theft or open up a spy supply shop (hidden cameras, microphones, etc). If you like him, he was entirely my idea. If you hate him, blame Seth. ;)
WarriorHeart chapter 7 . 5/4/2005
Hmm... her head ended up on his leg? The drool was a nice touch for Gid. I'm completely shocked about the whole mothers were best friends thing.
WarriorHeart chapter 6 . 5/4/2005
My mouth is still opened... isn't that wonderful? Great chapter.
WarriorHeart chapter 5 . 5/4/2005
I think I hurt myself laughing so hard at the Big Mouth Billy Bass.
WarriorHeart chapter 4 . 5/4/2005
Interesting reaction Gideon had upon realizing her presence there. And explaining Luc's behavior like that was quite a "wow" moment.
MovieFanficChains chapter 1 . 5/4/2005
Great story so far! I love the way Nora describes things in a very humerous way. :)
WarriorHeart chapter 3 . 5/4/2005
LOL! I liked the songs mentioned... the fact that you mentioned songs, not just the songs themselves. *sighs* I liked everything about it. You are moving the plot along nicely and give good amounts of detail to everything. I love the characters!
743 | « Prev Page 1 .. 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 .. Last Next »