Reviews for Quid Pro Quo
pneumothorax chapter 23 . 9/26/2005
The tone seems to have changed. Maybe because I've been reading it over a period of time & have only been re-reading previous chapters to re-cap, I've become a little confused. You talked about why she understood Lucian's look, although this doesn't follow the ending of the previous chapter which doesn't include a mention of Lucian's face - that I noticed.
icedfaerie chapter 24 . 9/26/2005
That is so true! Gideonis kind of a jerk...but no offence or anything. Great chapter!
Hanban chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
Pretty good starting chappy! Thank god I've read your story! Now I'm sure I'm never going to regret reading this! More power! Now I am onto reading the other chapters as well! TTFN!
Dirty Secret chapter 24 . 9/26/2005
Hahahaha! Yeah, you're right, Gideon IS a big jerk, glad that she's gonna choose Randy...BUT...I never know, you might have somethinhg nasty up your sleeve...Anyways, short and nice chapter. Hope to get an update for you soon!

~~~~~**~** CB
WarriorHeart chapter 24 . 9/26/2005
o, i cant wait for more!
Useless Art chapter 24 . 9/25/2005
Ha, finally! Okay, I've been waiting for this to happen between them since I first met the guy. I love him. He's so much nicer and sweeter than Gid, seriously.

Okay, onto the writerly stuff. I thought this chapter was pretty good. You paced it well [maybe a bit too fast] so that it didn't get draggy or boring. It was a little spare on detail, but not enough to be detrimental to the plot. Overall, a very sweet chapter.

No, is Nora going to go back to Gideon? I like her and Randy. xD But, it's your story. Do as you will!
spikedmango chapter 24 . 9/25/2005
Bah! She can't fall for Randy! Wtf! o_O I like the jerky guy! Yeah, he's a jerk, but that's part of his charm. I think Nora is scared of Gideon and she's just trying to go the safe route with Randy, because their friendship has comfort and familiarity. In contrast with her relationship with Gideon, which is new and unfamiliar and scary. She's running to Randy simply because he's always been there for her in the past, and now that things have gotten so scary with Gideon, she wants to run away and not deal with the situation. *crosses fingers* FP had better not cut the rest of this off after I hit enter.

Dot dot dot (since fp always deletes those.) Er, an opinion, of course. I never ever saw this thing with Randy coming. The chapters have been good, I still have no idea why I didn't review. Although it might've been that I went through an anti-internet phase and didn't get online for a while, missed some chapters, started to read through them, intending to review the latest, and then had to leave before I reviewed the latest.

Er, that's happened before, as you can probably tell. Anyway. Even though I'm not a Randy fan (that sounds SO weird) and I want Nora to end up with Gideon and will be terribly disappointed if she doesn't, I liked this chapter simply because of the shock value, I was completely "Wtf!" at the end. And this time I remembered to review. Hehe.

Maybe she and Randy will start being affectionate or whatever, and Gideon will walk in on them and get all jerky and jealous, and then er my idea kind of gets cut off there. But something about Gideon trying to win Nora back.

Wow, I totally spent ten minutes reading an email convinced I'd hit "submit review" when I hadn't. I bet that's what happened to the other reviews. I need to stop being distracted.
jade phoenix 819 chapter 24 . 9/25/2005
aww Nora and Randy are pretty cute together...but then there's Gideon, who is being an ass. but yah update soon bc that chapt was short! P
DragonFaeLynn chapter 24 . 9/25/2005
Short, but good. I liked it. Update soon, and take care~
Dirty Secret chapter 23 . 9/25/2005
WOW!This story's totally, AMAZING! But,heck, I didn't expect that Gideon was so...abusive...*shudder*
Verity chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Oh, my! I'm terribly sorry to have included those first two paragraphs - they demonstrate the dangers of typing offline in documents when you are an imbecile.
Verity chapter 22 . 9/20/2005
Brava for all the AP classes everyone is taking. Calculus can be hard when you're beginning, but after a while it should begin to make sense. One thing ties into another, bit by bit. Or at least it was so for me, although having it tie into Physics really helps greatly.

I'm currently bemoaning my lack of preparation for college. This is a nightmare. The outer world is breaking in. I need to fabricate a transcript and begin applying to become institutionalized at various establishments.

You have the makings of a good story, however I shall still to offer my annoying suggestions and queries; take them, or leave them:

Didn't Nora mention towards the beginning of the story that her mother died when she was one? “Her hair always smelled like chlorine” would imply some memory held.

You should probably have developed Gideon more before putting him in a semi-serious romantic setting with your lead. Perhaps even done a chapter from his POV… which would still be nice at this point.

Ella is fairly well drawn for such a minor character.

Lucien is adorable and possesses a wonderful name to boot, but what was that comment about naming your child after the devil? Certainly they have the same root, but so do Luke and Lucas and I've never known anyone who'd associate such names with chapter three, Meredith doesn’t state what time Gideon will be home –only that she will return at does the cousinship work? Did Meredith keep her name and pass it on to her children, or is Randy using her married name? If the relationship is through the actual Prescott bloodline, Meredith would not be related to Sarah.

More detail would be nice.

Regarding the comment about Lucien's lack of a mother; does that connect with Gideon's calling Nora "Lucien's suerrogate mother" earlier and refer to Meredith's lack of parenting skills?

Looking forwards to seeing where you take this.
DragonFaeLynn chapter 23 . 9/18/2005
Uh... I don't get it... *sigh*

Good story. I'm liking it. The chapters are a bit short though.

Update soon and take care till then~
DragonFaeLynn chapter 17 . 9/18/2005
But... Isn't that like her somewhat cousin...? Wait... How the hell did that work? I had to write it all out on paper... Let's see if this is correct:

Michelle Andrew Abby Porter,Sarahfather,Caryn Angelo Nora Carmen Ian ScottMeredith Gideon and Lucian

() represents child of

Agh! How the hell does that work out? Were Sarah's brothers and sisters and their children like 5 when they had their kids? Wouldn't that make Nora Gideon's and Lucian's great great aunt?
DragonFaeLynn chapter 5 . 9/18/2005