Reviews for The Goat
Raivyn chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
I thought it was great. I'll have to say that sometimes people look too hard for something that's actually right in front of their noses. Maybe that's not even what you meant to say... I liked it anyway...
thank you thoughtful chapter 1 . 6/7/2005
the originality astounds me. seriously, i think i love you for this. not to mention it was extremely well written. looks like you've got all matters covered. yus.
Karma Police chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Awesome. Seriously. I really love this. It really says something and I admire that. Sorry, it's 2 am and I'm not being intellectual at all, but I still love this poem. Amazing.
INTP chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
It seems like some people try to read into things that simply hold no meaning (although you could never really say that something does or doesn't have meaning in an objective sense). You really skewered them too, and you did it enjoyably. The rhymes weren't forced; the rhythm wasn't off. Anyway, any absurdist would love this for its complete disregard for the meaning in something that could be construed so easily. Especially since you did it with humor. And even though you're trying to tell the audience something, it never comes off as didactic or condescending. It's simply an observation, written in verse, which is always the best kind of poetry, in my opinion.