Reviews for Wisdom of the Heart
dancingintheshadows chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
I love philisophical ramblings... You certainly did a great job and made wonderful points. Keep it up!

~dancingintheshadows
Apprentice chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
very deep...and yet true all the you saying that no one is perfect and any who try to be more than what they are will fail utterly? And listen to your own self and heart before listening to others? Every person falls but the difference between is how?Am I completely off Master? I am so bad at putting things into words... Like I have said before, Publish a Book, damn you!
fake-smiles-n-masks chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
wow, that was really good, i think too smart for me. i understood what you were saying, i just had to read it a couple times to get it. great job!) smilingface
Ivy Orion chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
(Here I am, wondering WHY I haven't reviewed this yet)

This is absolutely beautiful. You are a great writer, and you definitely proved it here. You also show how smart you are here too. Completely impressed. Now I'll go review the second part...
welchs828 chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
Gosh, this is such a truth-filled, heartfelt piece, I think I need to ramble on it!

Alright, first off, you said that everyone who walks the earth is a liar. And to an extent, that's the truth on account of we all lie sometimes. Whether we're just withholding some of the truth or twisting it a tad, it's a lie.

But then, I don't think that everything any one person says is a lie, either. For example, you said that everything you say is a lie. And if you're an honest man, then that's a lie and so you're not a totally honest man. And if, as you said, everything you say is a lie, then that could be a lie. Like, for example, then, when you tell your girlfriend you love her, is that a lie? Also, when you admitted that everything you say is a lie, was that a lie? Then that would prove the point that everything you say is a lie is not true, and therefore a lie, and that that one statement was the truth.

I hope you're following me . . . ?

Next, about the thing about every good man failing. . . . I do agree that every good man must fail, and that every man AND WOMAN must go down fighting. Well, in a way, everyone goes down fighting, whether they die fighting cancer or a lion or physically fighting. I think that's sort of common sense, though. You sort of need to think of it a little, though. So in a way, everyone dies honorably, unless they commit suicide. Though, suicide could be considered fighting internally, but then one part has to give in . . .

I completely and totally agree with the hero's secret. Actually, I think about heroes a lot. My take on the whole thing is that a hero needs no bravery, but instead, needs courage. To me, bravery is knowing you're going to get credit for doing a noble deed. You just want the power and the recognition. Courage, though, is not knowing what the outcome will be, but fighting for a good cause outside of yourself, and trying hard to save a life, even if that means you'll die instead. A hero doesn't look for recognition.

True wisdom within the heart. Good. So many people marry or look for "love" in practiacality. For example, I'm a Catholic and my present crush is Mormon. I figure that we could never, ever get married because then he wouldn't ever be able to go to the highest stage of heaven. Not that I'm looking for marriage in any odd guy I think of dating. But that would turn most practical girls off (why would I date someone if it couldn't turn into something?). For me, though, it's another opportunity to get to know someone, whether we can marry or not (which we could; it would just prevent him from getting to the highest stage of heaven), as long as we had fun. And if it ever turned into love, then we could make it work. Practicality means nothing to the heart.

Take care of the soul first . . . I like that. Place life's goals before your personal ones. . . . I don't have much to say about that one.

Heart courage. Good. The bravery comes from reasoning and rationalizing. The courage, though, comes from pure love.

Don't let them know you're hurt . . . that's a good one, but in relationships, I think that sometimes, you need to let the person know you're hurt when you never did anything to them. That's what I did with my ex-boyfriend (the one I was fighting badly with) and now we're tight again as friends. We just avoid talking about issues we used to fight over.

I think that you can live with honor. I disagree somewhat with that line. Only, yeah, it's very honorable to die, especially if you're dying for someone else's sake.

I LOVE THE LINE ABOUT DIVINITY AND HUMANITY. Again, it's a lot like bravery and courage. When you're looking for one thing, you get the other. Like, if you look to be divine, then you'll just find flaws in yourself and there's no way you'll ever be divine. However, if you look to have flaws in yourself, and you look to just be a normal person and to help other people out by lowering yourself and giving them a hand, then others will realize how awesome you really are. How near to perfection you are. But then, what really is perfection?

Hate sucks . . . Your line about love is the thing I stand for. You don't really, truly love someone unless you'd die for them. Which, courage comes in play there, because you would never die for someone if you only had bravery; instead, you'd have to have courage.

And with bravery, you're looking for recognition, and you won't get any because you're too wrapped up in yourself. With courage, though, you'll look out for someone else, and you'll get the recognition the brave person wants.

And nice ending line; it really pulls everything together. Live and learn from your mistakes. That sort of thing.

I really, really love philosophy and psychology both, and I loved reading this. You know I wouldn't send you hate mail. But please, don't take this down on Tuesday! I really enjoyed it, and I'm sure my friends will, too, once I tell them to read it. Keep it up.

Laterness,

-Paige :-D
SpiritualNomad chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
ok ive gotten some hate mail about this, so im going to take it off on tuesday if i dont hear that people dont hate this. ::depressed look::
me chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
Eh, bullshit.
Gonzovalies chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Hm, nice words... though honestly I believe I've seen them before... in a book called the bible... but many a inspiration is found there... so yeah your ramble has much dept that I like and relate too... keep it up
Kaiwaf chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Either change it to meaningful or full of meaning. Even a philisophical musing can be ruined by bad grammar and spelling. I find this to be idealistic spewings that is nothing new.

Tell me, what exactly is perception through the heart? I find that to be so. . .ugh, no difference; people like to say things like that because it sounds good. The eternal soul as well. . .is it not connected to all that is physical? I suppose it might be better to think eternally-then your body would die from lack of attention and your soul would indeed be sated.

Saying that to live is to love is a bunch of bull. You can live without love. And also, to say that life is indeed love is nothing more than fanciful musing. Life is horribly corrupted and impossibly tragic along with all of the wonderful parts. To ignore the bad just so you can preach harmony is to be hypocritical. You can't live on sunshine and smiles alone.

I'm not trying to be bitchy, really I'm not. I'm just trying to prove that philisophical 'enlightenment' is fine and easy, but it is also naive. If you want self-actualization or what crap, then you're going to have to learn how to deal with the negative aspects first. And no, simple ignoring it and tending to your eternal soul is not goign to work. Ideas like that are like hiding from the world just so you can feel high and mighty.

Now I'm getting preachy (and have been), so I will leave you with a final thought: to only live in happy memories and moments is to pretend you are good. It is only through the cognitive negative times that a man's or woman's true measure can be taken.
the author chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
first day and already i have i think 4 reviews, its good to be the author. So as i said in the summary, i wont post my other piece that im working on called The Wisdom of the Mind, i plan to post it when i get 7 reviews, so if u liked this one tell ur friends about this one and ill get my next one up soon after i get those reviews! i just do this to see if its worth posting another one for the people of this site and who is reading it.

-angstguy
haleakala chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
wow. really, really nice. I disagree with you on some points but... no, I take that back, I agree with everything you're saying when I get into a more fatalistic mood, but normally I prefer to think of people as the wardens of a pure spirit, which sometimes just doesn't get out for one reason or another. I like the part about people "looking for humanity and finding divinity, that's so true.
girl- reinvented chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
beautiful. i love the sentiment behind it. i'll be on AIM friday night. ttyl~TenderTempted~
Rach chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
HI!. some pretty good points but I wouldn't call everyone a liar yes everybody lies at some point after all we are human.

I do agree that a person should try to live by their strandads (sorry about spelling) as long as they don't judge others for what they believe.

anyway good luck with the essay

please update soon