Reviews for Dust in the Shadows
Hate In The Form Of Passion chapter 1 . 12/30/2005
My eyes glinting orbs staring out from a bronze shell

Metal to keep the grasping hands of the world out

Metal to keep what's left of my soul in

Sometimes I wonder if I am even alive at all

My fucking God. Do I need to say again that you're incredible, amazing, inspiring, and extremely talented? I hope not. Or else I'm not doing my job correctly. This piece was beautifully done. Each stanza seemed to fit one after another. As if you knew the reader's thoughts were going down that specific road. Just so fucking incredible.

BeyondTheHourglass
Kitsune Ryuu Youkai chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
Yet again you have touched my soul. I think that says it all my friend Love ya! Kitsune Ryuu Youkai
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 1 . 10/15/2005
Very well-written as usual. I appreciate the message here, I can relate to it very well.

you have time, cud u review my poem as well, its called "Reminiscing The Angels". Don't hesitate to criticize it if it doesn't sound good.
FrannyD chapter 1 . 8/2/2005
i like how you compared a snowflake to a passing stroke of inspiration

good job :)
catseyeview chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
"Plucking a snowflake from the thick frigid air" - chilling in its hold, excellent line!
ginnyellen chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
Hei there, Matt... I'm back,finally. (Business-School-Friends...etc. they didn't let me sit peacefully in front of my computer for more than 10 minutes!)

This poem was really good, it reminded me (among other things) that I need to start reading the dictionary :S (now, don't laugh at me! I'm still a beginner in this world.) so I had to read the poem 2 times to really understand it.

Keep writing like you do, really, never stop.

Ginny_Ellen :D
blacksunrise chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
this was wonderful . And considering that you wrote it at ..2:02 in the morning , it's even more impressive _Blacky
Unknown Unnamed chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
Wow. As always your words are amazing. The imagery is so dominant in this piece. Everything is just so... metaphorical and philosophical. And I am always blown away by how you use such a vast vocabulary of words and instead of making intelligent words just intelligent, you make them beautiful. Just... wow! Incredible poem.
Matthew James Current chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
First of all, thank you everyone for reviewing. I truly appreciate your thoughts and feedback. I am glad that you enjoy my work. Weasel, sometimes I write poems about how I feel, not how I think. This was a poem to get the feelings out, not to lament going unnoticed. I know very well that there is more to life than simply being noticed and that that alone is not a reason to be gloomy and to despair. My poetry has a sort of natural darkness to it that you will see in many of my poems, this is how I write. Please don't underestimate me. While I know this might not be exactly what you intended to imply I would appreciate it if you would chose your words more carefully. Sometimes a slip of the tongue can be hurtful and in this case I found your comment slightly devaluing.
Clap Clap Raise Your Hands chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
oh i can kinda relate to this, the imagrey here is really really good and strong and i like how you've included so many images that alomost anyone could relate to it, great poem, i especially love the 3rd verse, sometimes it's not all doom and gloom just because not everyone notices your talent x weasel within x
Wasted Postage chapter 1 . 5/6/2005
I've definately been here before. I really loved this stanza: "So here in my shell of isolation/In this quiet and sanctified place/I shall spin my words like webs/And speak to the silence of a certain Grace." That was just beautiful to me.

Great work!

*AbunaiChikara
Kat-Renee Kittel chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Stratiotes recommended you! You have an incredible talent - a unique ability to take the intangible and make it tangible with your vivid imagery.

I especially liked "Spinning the chords of the heart, Like threads across the loom of the spoken word" & "To say more that what is simply heard, Connecting the spoken word to the soul"

I can really identify with this particular stanza (Especially when I am trying to capture past memories onto paper!):"Plucking a snowflake from the thick frigid air,Taking that perfect crystal idea and holding it,Trying to memorize its every shape and contour,Before it slips into that haze of forgotten memory"

Please R&R my poem, River Flow. Thanks! Write on! -..
milhistbuff1 chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
How very true. I feel the same frustration. History, like poetry can only benefit mankind if it is acknowledged. Clear and eloquent as always
Liebchen Rose chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
Such a saddening, yet beautiful piece love. Love the images and the metaphors used.

I hear your words.

Much Love,Liebchen Rose
account not in use chapter 1 . 4/27/2005
This rings so true. I love the style of writing to, it was very...uniqie and...mysterious, I suppose, is the best word.