Reviews for Stretched to Breaking Point
in theory chapter 1 . 6/25/2005
Second stanza was amazing to read, made the hairs on my neck quiver. Really well written, great stuff.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
wow.. insanely complex and powerful
D chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
wow. And i mean wow. I 've read some good work and bad work and great work and yours is definatly great. Very beautiful very moving.
Galadh Niniel chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
A powerful poem, I like it. I like the different analogies you draw between cutting and writing, how you express that the person is "ruled" and "dictated" just like the paper. In a way the speaker's body is a paper that is written on, tme and life have written wrinkles (of care) and scars on it, just like the person is forced by society to write on paper things commanded by others that put him/her under stress. I can identify with this at the moment, being weighed down and stretched thin, only that I cannot cut any more no matter how much I feel like doing it right now, for reasons that have to do with someone else ... Sorry, this might not interest you, but at the moment I have to vent my feelings somewhere. Sorry. Anyway, this poem has really spoken to me.