Reviews for When Doves Cry
Lovetress chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
Thanks for the review. Most people can't take criticisms, but you did, with grace, and could go and actually praise one of my pieces. That right there, is true greatness. lol Well, this piece, like every said, was pretty dark. However, everything was described in a sort of blur. I wasn't actually there in the story, because there weren't enough vivid details. It was just a sort of general...overview. And yes, I felt sorry for the girl and her family, but to be honest, the events of the story disturbed me more than it touched me, partly because I didn't really get a sense of what kind of person the narrator was, she was just this shadowy figure, who was the victim of rape and abuse, but shouldn't she be more than that? I think it would help make the story stronger if you included a few actually concrete scenes and dialogues.
Knightmare Elite chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
Well I have to say this is a very dark piece. To be honest I can't relate because I've never been in a situation like that. I emulate such scenes in my writing, but that's as far as I can go.

To actually live through something like that has to be horrific. Not just surviving it but actually living a nightmare like that. I could only imagine what it was like to stand by and watch.

Each time the pain must have been numbing, but it's in times like that we always wonder why. Why do things like that even have to happen in the first place?

It's not relatable to a lot of people, but in the same sense; people wouldn't want to relate to something like this. But being brave enough to share this experience, will give hope and courage to those who can relate.

It will show them that there are others who share their plight, there are millions out there who have wrong fully suffered. It may not seem far to have to had endured such hell, but by posting this, you're showing there is an end.

Very powerful story and equally thought provoking.
eighteen hundred chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
Wow... I don't even know what to say. Thats horrible, and I'm embarassed to be part of a species that not only does these things, but sits by and lets other people do these things.

I'm really sorry. And good writing.
PoKaDot Sockz chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
I think this story is so sad but great... The sadest part about it is it's true and stuff like that still happens today. I really like how its going though, keep it up!
Equida chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
I like it. A lot.

I mean, I don't really /like/ it as much as I think it's truthful, if brutally so. It brings to light all the horrid things going on in the world we don't do a thing about.

What bothered me, though, was the line about how "there is no love in the dark corners of the earth", because through the course of reading it, I had always seen the relationship Vikki had with her sister as the epitome of true, sisterly love.

But maybe that's just me.
charcoal wings chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
Oh my God...that is absolutly horrible. I feel so unbelievably bad for you.
Aryanda chapter 1 . 4/28/2005
Oh, that's really sad. I can't believe that really happened. I wish some people I know could read this, those people that brag about how they are so tough, about how they were going to join a gang. This is on my fav. Nice job with it.