Reviews for Dear God
Sorrowful-Raven chapter 1 . 2/4/2006
Hey Heather. If God made it to where we couldn't choose whether or not to be good or evil, then that would take away our free will. God's like a writer. (laughs) He's making us work for it . . . _

-Lina
Mr. Singh is back chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
Ok, I've got a lot of things to say to counter these reviewers here for you.

First of all, no matter what religion your parents have swayed you into believing before you even knew what you were doing, never, ever allow needless rules of a religion to come between you and a friend of yours. This friend is a real, tangible person whom you can see actually cares about you(if she's a good friend). Do not give that up for the needless religion that you don't even know why you're following. If you become "corrupted", as one reviewer tried to say you might, it will be your fault, and your fault alone.

You might have grown up with the ideology that we are a gods children and it is carrying us and will save us and all that crap pounded into your head by your parents or something. First of all, it is much more likely that a god is more like an exstatic genius little boy that's playing around with his science experiment called the universe. I don't know if god exists or not, and I don't have a clue as to what god is or what it wants or any of that crap, and neither does anyone else, which is why organized religion makes no sense at all. Socrates said, "The first step toward gaining true wisdom is the realization of the fact that you know nothing." We have our tangible world which we live off of, but in reality, we don't even know if we exist. We hang on to our tangible world, however, because life is more fun that way. But as far as the supernatural goes, we have no business trying to guess at anything pertaining to that, considering we can't even be sure of anything in our own tangible world. So why waste your time and act like you know something by joining a religion which sets rules and tells you about what you don't see or feel when its impossible for the smartest person in the world to even be sure about what he does see or feel?

But I can, like any person who can think for him/her self, recognize which things are more likely than others (thinking in the mindset which assumes knowledge that our tangible world is real). One reviewer tried to say that there are two theories as to how the earth came about. If he will believe that a great being created everything, why not believe that we're all just words on pages of a really long book, or we're just one big complicated dream of some great sleeping giant who could wake up any moment?

Next, he tries to call the big bang a lie and then proclaiming the origin stories of christianity as absolute truth, while actually its closer to the other way around. The big bang theory was formed from careful examination of our surroundings and the careful study of how everything in the world works, while all the old religious stories of how the world was created were all fabricated and made up by a bunch of ancient story tellers who had no knowledge of the physical or scientific world and who wrote all their stories down and started religions because they wanted to live forever. It is actually these religious stories that are lies, while the big bang is the closest thing to truth we'll ever get for now.

This reviewer, Mcarthy, obviously knows nothing as to what the big bang is because it is far more complicated than "everything arranged from a blast of noise", and steps and processes which were taken to formulate this theory were ten times as complicated, as opposed to religious origin stories, which were formulated by a bunch of guys who correctly assumed that people were stupid and ignorant enough to buy into their little stories, and even today, in the age of knowledge and scientific method, there are those that still follow the tradition of ignorance. I'm not saying I believe the big bang theory, but I am saying that this carefully formulated theory is much more likely than ancient stories created in the age of ignorance.

Next, whether a god is there or not, it is not going to help you, and it is not going to save your ass from anything. If you're in trouble, YOU are gonna save yourself, or maybe your parents or your friends will, or maybe some incredibly lucky event will. And that's exactly what it is: luck. Why is it that every time something really unlikely happens, everyone has to assume its divine intervention? Wouldn't it make sense for divine intervention to be something more impossible? I'm not saying I don't acknowledge the possibility of divine intervention, I just hate it when people look at really good things people do, and praise a god and give a god all the credit, but whenever people do evil things or really fuck up, the blame is on us. And placing the blame for bad things on Satan is even dumber than placing good things on god. Christians will tell us that non belief in the devil makes us ten times as vunerable to it, but what about some of the other religions that say that evil entirely originated from man, and what about buddhists, who don't really necessarily believe in evil at all, and not even a god for that matter? Are these people damned in hell for eternity because they refuse to believe in things that they don't know?

Next, even if you still want to believe that there's a great and powerful god that we should worship and confide to it's will, that's just fine. But remember that your will should always be more important. If there really is a christian god as they believe it (and I know about this stuff, I've spent the last eleven years in a catholic school), this god probably gave us a freewill because it wanted our will to be number one in our lives. It's a fuckin god, for pete's sake! According to Christians, it can do whatever it wants, so why does it need us to do it's will for it? The answer is, it doesn't, if it even exists.

This is the only solution. Base your beliefs off of your own experiences, nothing more. If you decide to listen to somebody you think you can trust, that's fine, but just make sure that you yourself test what somebody preaches to you (test my words, too) through very careful thought and living, and if there is a single loose end, toss everything out. Here's what you'll get: Every single thing everyone tells you will have a loose end, including me, I'm not perfect either. Because in the end, we don't know anything at all. So the real solution is not to worry about all the supernatural and afterlife crap. Don't even think about it, don't let it influence you, and don't let preachers who talk about afterlives and gods influence your ways of living, including me. When someone says if you believe in god, say I don't know, and be done with it, or else you will never get a moment's peace contemplating a yes or no inside your head. Normally, we think about things because we hope to come to a reasonable solution. But trying to think about gods and afterlives will never come to a reasonable solution that you don't find yourself questioning, so the real solution is to not think about it. I bet that even the pope of the Church of Rome hasn't gotten rid of that little voice in the back of his head that says, "Why are you doing this? This makes no sense!" As you probably can see, it took me a whole lot of thinking to learn that thinking of these things brings nothing but chaos in your head. Think about things that can actually be solved, or about things that actually have practicality in your life. The point is, hell, heaven, gods, and afterlives shouldn't matter, no matter who's right or wrong. The important thing is here and now.
tastes like love chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
Oh god...all I could think as I was reading this was hitler. Sorry...very well written...and I as an agnostic really enjoyed it.
softballfox chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
love it...
CowGirl1987x2006 chapter 1 . 6/6/2005
wow. . .true that the world is goin' to, well 'hell', but it is because (i belive) that we *the people* don't have faith like we used to. People say his name in Vain now, not for holy things... only time a person acts christian is when they go to church on sunday... the rest of the time they do wrong. i'm not a big christian, don't even really go to church *just wends nights* i don't preach the word *unless it's like this* and that is how i see it. i'm writin' this for you, and the rest of the people that come to look at the reviews: the world will become hell if we don't do nothin' about it you don't like this review, fine, but please don't delete it, thanksCowGirl
His Only chapter 2 . 5/5/2005
Oh gosh! Your poor thing. Sounds like you've had a ruff life. And I understand the things you say. At one point in my life I wanted to blame God for the things that happened to me. And I know what it's like to be forbidden to talk to a friend because she sinned and does not believe like you. It hurt, but later I found out that God was protecting me. He knew that girl would have corrupted my mind and brought me to her level of thinking, so he took her away. Thats how much God loves me, and I feel so undeserving. I hope you'll come to realize that God doesn't wish this pain and strife in the world, but its us humans who bring it upon ourselves. God sees what will happen in the future but does not stop it from happening because he gave humans a choice. If I were you I wouldn't blaspheme God; you are walking on dangerous ground. I'll pray for you and I hope life's trials clear so you can see Him again. Keep up the great work with your writing and God Bless!
Rev. A. Thomas Ellis chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
Now you've from your heart print, good. Honest and seems personally turthful. All the contempt for God, Yet you believe in God, should be more clear for both contempt and belief.
Adonia Chesser chapter 2 . 5/5/2005
There's two path's in front of us, one leads to sin, the other leads to rightousness. He see's both paths, and he lets you chose which one, him or sin. Lusicfur was the highest angel, and they to had a choice, he brought down many with him just because of selfishness. Selfishness is the thinf God hates the most.
Adonia Chesser chapter 1 . 5/5/2005
God, does not just sit there. He's everywhere, and he wants to be in you and me. He never said burn any books, and his rule is the last thing from unjust. He made us, so he had something to love, and something to love him back. That's why he died for us, so we can be with him in the end, and not in this unjust world. He put the other tree in the garden so that we had the choice, the choice to follow him, or die.
Jeremy Kerley chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
You have a point. Michael McCarthy told me about this poem. He says you and him don't see eye to eye on this one. If you don't think it shows hatred, Go Figure! It sure does not show love. Any response? Contact me at
Kage Chikara chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Lovely. Frankly, the comments are funnier than the poem, but I agree with the sentiment.
prettynutter chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
...Wow...i think that a lot of your anger is misplaced...you can read other books but the Bible...and you are allowed to have non-Christian friends. Don't get me wrong there is a lot wrong with Christianity, but you should be glad we got free-will, free willchoices. And choices are good and bad
Guest chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
amen michael
Michael McCarthy chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
Wow! This poem posseses a lot of hatred twoards God. God is always there. Through all your troubles, He is carrying you. Even though it may seem that He is not helping you, he really is. The only reason there is sin on this earth is because of Adam and Eve. God did not want sin on this earth, it was all satans work. God wants us all to believe in Him, and please keep your religion. Just because you think that God is not coming through to you does not mean that you have to hate Him. God is always watching us. We have problems on earth, and we have to deal with them. We can't rely on God all the time. We have to put some effort in also. Even if you are having a lot of problems here, they will all soon end when we go to Heaven to spend ETERNITY with God. God said that the ones remembered the least on earth will be remembered the most in Heaven. You can hang with your friends even if they do not believe in God, but along the way you can try to convert them to beleiving in God, and that would be helping out on earth. God did work so hard to create this earth, and he did not want it to turn out this way. He is not just going to do everything for us, we have to do things on our own, also. If you remember or not, in John 3:16, he said that "For he so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, and whoever beleivith in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." One day all your problems you are having will be lifted from you, and you will enter Heaven, where you will never have another problem again, only if you beleive in God. Do you honestly want to be in hell with satan. He is the reason why their is sin on this earth. He tricked Adam and Eve into eating the fruit off the wisdom tree. I am trying to tell you that you should not give up your religion, and believe in Him, because trust me, one day it will all pay off. God is saving all the people who believe in Him. Sure a lot of them are dying on earth, because at some point everyone will die, but he is taking all the believers who truly love Him and believe in Him, and bringing them into Heaven. When the ones who believe in Him pass away, they are actually going to a better place. Hopefully you will try to love God, and just listen to what I had said to you. Just because you have it worse than other peple does not mean you have to take it out on God. I will be praying for you, and hopefully you will just think it over and try to love God. He really does exist, and He loves us all, and one day all the belivers will go to Heaven. I feel sorry for the people who don't beleive in Him, and I am trying to help every person who doesn't to see that he really does exist. Basically, there are 2 theories to how this earth got here. There is God, and then there is the big bang theory, which I am sure you have heard of. If people think that God is stupid, then what the heck do you think the big bang theory is. The big bang, that is so stupid. Everything arranged by the blast of a noise in space. That is a bunch of lies. God is really there, and one day you will find out, and I hope that you will belive in him and be in Heaven with him. Try to listen to what I am telling you.
Aimee-Louise chapter 1 . 4/30/2005
Yeah, i knew a girl who grew up as a Jehovah's Witness, and she had to be de-brainwashed in therapy because the church put all these ideas in her head. It was sad.