Reviews for That Healing Smile
Moonjava chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
I like this one. It's rather sweet and touching.
AllyCred chapter 1 . 6/15/2005
this is amazing...the flow is great and the imagery is beautiful...well done...i love it. lots of love AllyCred
KonekOniko chapter 1 . 5/18/2005
love at first sight? even i find that illogical (though i don't mind staring!), though, what about love IS logical? this wasn't horrible, but the theme seems so0o overused. then again, that might just be me. meh, my brain's rotting, i've been doing hw for hours . nice job, though
Cry Tears of Darkness chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
inspiring
Unknown Unnamed chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Aw. That's so wonderful and sad and beautiful. It's one of those love poems that don't make you sick. I mean that as a compliment because there are so many that do no matter how good the poet or how hard the poet tries to write a good love poem. Anyways, I loved it. Because I have a... friend... that I see in the hallways at school and we don't have time to talk, but we just smile at each other and it makes my day better. Anyways, rambling... Great poem.
Written chapter 1 . 5/10/2005
that was very beautiful! good job.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 5/10/2005
Well, I don't know about you, but I have hundreds of thousands of soulmates. They surround my house and invade my cupboards. They look a lot like ants... :)

I liked your poem. Very eloquent. The alternating italycs gives it a nice style.
Rose of Granuaile chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
very beautiful. Wonderfully worded. *snaps* brilliant job!

Hip
Purified Angel chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
hehe, hey arcane, nice poem. but...i'm wondering...did u find a girl? usually guys write romantic things cause they found someone, and if u did, good luck with her P
Kakyou Takashiro chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
okay, considering how much i'm procrastinating... project and AP, IB, and SATII review, i might as well give this poem the full review it healing smile as it is entitled i suppose refers to the ideology that love conquers sorrow. which in my honest opinion is exactly the opposite of the value that is the truest and most beautiful part of love. love hurts, and that's what makes love beautiful. however, i won't digress...on with the first stanza. you seem show a new, more free verse prose, which is the plus side, but there is still a lack of rythmn. one may wonder why the narrator of this poem is in such woe, and why is it that only in such woe can the narrator find "a beautiful goddess" which hopefully to the reader doesn't represent much else than the eloquence of the lover... (at first sight).i enjoy the interesting monologue tone of the poem, although again, it kinda takes away from the rythmn. i enjoy the concept of a smile bringing happiness, but at the same time, you have yet to explain the pain that it soothes. then again, if you reference to pain in general, that would not be true. also the aspect of the goddess and love is not closely connected either, and only until i reached the author's note did i have any idea what you were talking about. goddess. i thought, on my intial read was... truth. or the aspect of existentialist theory or what not...anyways, again i digress. the next two stanzas are in effect the compelling twist followed by a free verse at the end stating that you are relinquished from pain. and although very becoming of a prose like manner, i dare say that it was hard to understand, because there was relatively no flow.i however will give praise to the ideology of this poem, despite the lack of fluidity and the some misconceptions that might be in place without an author's note. although this is in no way a down right flame, i must say that i was not completely satisfied with this poem. it lacked the depth of symbolism, which to the point... if you're going to use symbols... especially i think in love poems should be avoided (seeing as love is hopefully something sincere at least in humanity)... there needs to be much more depth simply goddess transformed into angels... is putting it a little too surreal to the reality of love. and second, it did not flow. choppy and chunky, HOWEVER to some... it may JUST HAVE clicked. i don't know... but ten for the effort and the ideal.

kakyou
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
New pen name: CrUcIfIeD bY tHe DeViL, no longer. Its now Angelus. ; I really liked this ADD-san, the poem is well put and amazing. I love how you put this into words though I do not believe in love at first sight, the poem is still rather touching and holds a romantic flare to it. - Lovely poem!

!* Noelle *!