Reviews for a cosmopolitan with a shot of glitter
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 1/15/2006
wow that is amazing. loved the second to last stanza, the word choice was beautiful. great use of similes and alliteration, beautiful. favourites...
Jezsh chapter 1 . 12/24/2005
the fourth verse is magical...it's like making the most wonderful and ordinary moments in life into something extraordinary. I just love the choice of words, the whole feel of the piece.
White Tea and Ginger chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
I love this. It's going onto my favorites list.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
ah i love your summary. what an image. last stanza is perfect. love "graphite wings drawn on prostitutes". your imagery is incredibly astounding. truly, you must be one of my favorite (for there is no best, in my opinion) authors on fictionpress. beautiful.

-salt.
GypsyMothra chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
Bittersweet feeling thorughout the poem. Nice, though.
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
aw that ending was so sad.. i love this poem though.. more traditional tahn your usual style, but still amazing
hmmmmm chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
something about this poem is making me cry. (that's a good thing, by the way.)
i was a postcard chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
"graphite / wings drawn on prostitutes"

"your / preferred combinations were never traditional / & i've always admired that about you"

Dark and dreamy, almost...I think I would read this with Portishead in the background. Gorgeous.
randomunknown chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
Wow, excellent imagery. I was going o pick out my favourite lines but I cant decide! great job.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
I am so sorry I didn't review this sooner, FP has been acting weird lately when it comes to Author Alerts and Review Alerts. *mumbles* As always beautiful poetry, the depth displayed in this is breathtaking and the style is refined and really speaks with much emphasis, and power. Lovely way to putting it, you used some words I have rarely seen n this site and it refreshing to see someone with such talent and such a large vocabulary.

!* Noelle *!
Alouette chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
A somewhat confusing and dire sounding peice, but ultimately moving and beautiful. I love it. Great work. .
darkaura de shadow chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
i like your detailing through this,its written very well and the ending isd like woah,i didnt expect that one coming,nice twist.