Reviews for tragedy of paper dolls
Thorn's-girl chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
This is beautiful. So sad, so sweet, and at the same time so unsettling. That's hard to accomplish, but hell, you did, and its amazing. "will they come to place flowers on my grave?" The voice behind that line sounds so innocent, childlike, offsetting the harsh reality of her words. the effect is chilling.
EarthHealer chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
This? Is amazing. It reads like a child's thoughts, but so complex. I loved the lines with "baby doll balding" and the paper doll imagery hit home.

Amazing. Thank you for sharing things like this with everyone.
Cobster chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
Wow. One of the most powerful pieces I've read...on here...ever...anywhere. Wow. *keep my secrets, silent friend* is my favorite line. The formatting is intriguing, especially the words you string together. I love this, and if I fill up my favorite stories list because of it, I'm bumping something else off.

You know, My Chemical Romance is local too...well, not really anymore. But they're from Sac. You do mean the Lest We Fall from Sacramento, right? Anyway, as you're always discovering new music, you would greatly appreciate this: check out the Afrocelts. They're this amazing African/Eurasian/Middle Eastern band of ten people, all with deep, cultured music backgrounds and all with amazing talents. Their site is down now, I think, but there're a bunch of links at .

Anyway, you and your poem go on favorites list. Thank you for this.
dollface and her cancer chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Paper dolls.. God, I remember playing with them. And now I'll never look at them the same. What can I say? This is an act nearly impossible to follow with words simple as these. It was painful, it was lovely, it hit home. It told a story of despair and of sorrow and of life. Gorgeous.
Weeba chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
OK. We both know, don't we, that you are in fact the goddess of the pretentious formatting that you somehow make unpretentious? Good.

Wow. I'm always having this problem with great writers like you. I wind up saying the same thing in every review because all your stuff is BEYOND WORDS! I love the theme. The dolls being your companions, and the closet with the match, and the last line...to die for. It makes you wonder why the rest of us even bother. Fabulous.
Made in U.S.A chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
i'm loving the inspiration and the use of bold words. especially the ending. keep writing :D
GypsyMothra chapter 1 . 5/30/2005
I LOVE IT! I don't think there's anything else I could possibly say. Really. Truly brilliant. Very original and . . . jeez. You know its good. I know its good. You know I know its good. Enough said.
soft-spoken chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
Just beautiful, full of sorrow in pain, but it's beauty. I find beauty in the most darkest of places and this is one of them. You're a great writing... keep it up!
youzi chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
I loved this piece...and I'm an impatient person who seldoms survive long pieces...your style is arresting..loved 'and my electric halois humming, flickering, and burning my head'...Nice work! D
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
amazing. kind of creepy, but it was more the haunting imagery and rhythm to this that gave me chills. the last line- brutal. this is brilliant.
twenty-second seduction chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
this is another amazing piece of writing by you (as usual) and another rambling, pointless review from me (as usual).

what else can i say?
citrus scented chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
wicked. a firey unique crazy and wonderful poem. the rythum of it is spun so beauitfully, really jerky but yet elegant and smooth rythum to it, and the descriptions...god. awesomely put, this is just incredible. I loved it, especilly the halo descriptions, that was something that really captured me into the poem.
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
I can definitely see the influence. Wonderful.
Akhenaten chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
wow, that was creepy, sad, and absolutely wonderfully written! beautiful, it left shivers on my spinish.
HHHHHHH chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Wow...this is probably the most expressive and all-around good angst poem I've read on the site. I think stanza two is the best. And my favorite...the match descriptive.