Reviews for the twentieth century is dead
HauntedMisery chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Great job on this!
Made in U.S.A chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
"when smoking cigarettes wasn't enough"ah you're the best! this is great and i love that line. keep writing :D
Arkash chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
This is brilliant, my thoughts exactly.

Except, I couldn't have put it so eloquently.

Great Job! *_*
Escapist chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
"OMG READ MY POETRY NOW BIATCH." heh. That made me laugh.

"when smoking cigarettes wasn't enough"That one line gave me an insane amount of imagery.

Would it be an odd thing to say that you remind me of everything people love at 3:00 in the morning? Ha. I'm not even sure what that means. It's just that your poetry is so quiet and insightful which makes it so beautiful, and there's absolutely no way anyone cannot pay attention to it.
Aslan Israel chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
that immortality's not forever

Love the line. This is amazing. Wonderful job.
Second Hand Screams chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
Wow. This was amazing. You really got your emotions and thought across here, and you worded it beautifully, too:)
HHHHHHH chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
'When smoking cigarettes wasn't enough...' Wow. Sadness is acute in this. Really loved it. Death coming quicker than ever to us- that's the only part I didn't get, but probably because I don't have a grip on the point of view. Five thumbs up!
i was a postcard chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
i want to copy and paste every line in here...how can you fit in so many creative and interesting images into one poem? the part about jesus and the call-in talk show...kamikaze death warriors...the butterflies...ah, lovely.
sweety167 chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
I love this one. that immortality's not forever/ even prophets must fall sometime. and that line is what seals it.
Sharakinpaix chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
Thank you for writing this poem; it deeply hit home, almost as much as watching Biff and Willy Lowman embracing and yelling at each other in that confused American dream. My class is studying Death of a Salesman right now, and when we'd just started, there was not one dry eye in the room. Arthur Miller will live forever in our hearts.
Devil's Footprint chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
The loss of a great century. The ignorance of the next one. This poem is heart wrenching, to say the least, seeing as I mourn anything old and full of memories that is lost. And believe me, the death of Hunter S. Thompson was a tremor felt extremely deep in my house. My dad actually cried, for his entire mentality was based on Thompson's, and his one life's wish was to be able to talk with him in person. Again, it is heart wrenching. I'm ashamed I've never read any of his works.