Reviews for The Spider
Banshee Junior chapter 1 . 1/5/2007
At last!

I've been trying to give a review for this piece for so long, but the window just wasn't opening!

I really love this piece...it's fascinating and entrances me into the 'Lady Spider's' web (though God alone knows...those creatures just creep me out!) The 'night' imagery (silken shadows, woven stars, threads of grey, ghost, cage of moonlight...) adds to her mystery, and her presence is so overpowering that everything - even the poor 'wing'd' creature who is trapped - pales to insignificance. This one's definately favourited!
Bitter.Sweet.Endings chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
I love your writing to death. You are my sole Inspiration. from now on. I only wish i was as good as you. you definately deserve the title "writer." (yes, I read profiles. I have nothing better to do.)
Emilie Aurel chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
You did a really awesome job. I know that when I attempt to rhyme, I sound like an idiot. But I really liked the flow of the poem and the job!Emilie Aurel
Different Definitions Of Storm chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
Wow! D This is lovely! The imagery is so vivid and delightful, and the words you used to compose that could not have been better. Simple and elegant. ) The rhyme seems almost flawless- though I'm not sure about the part in the third stanza- "stand and watch, but never speak- / it's hers to hold and hers to keep." But all of it sounds very natural- it's not forced at all. And finally... The last stanza ends the poem beautifully. ) You ought to be proud of this piece.