Reviews for Snake
ittybittytreefrog chapter 1 . 5/21/2006
Snakes really are a sadly misunderstood animal. I wish more people could appreciate their beauty instead of just seeing them as frightening or "evil".Nice poem.
topaz07 chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
Wow. I wish for another, and better, word, but that's all that comes to mind. *bows* Blessed Be.
Seeker of the Way chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
yAy! a positive message for snakes WOOHOO!*OH, before I get carried away, I really loved the way you wrote this!*ALSO I am out of work as well, got laid off my job of ELEVEN YEARS ( They couldn't afford me anymore hee hee I know what you mean about being a couch potato. I mean, soon it's gets into your MIND! Like, the laziness and almost despair, fear and 'T LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU! Be STRONG! The Lord & Lady I am sure also help those that help themselves, and I bet there is some wonderful event for life-learnign for you here and in your new job! Which I am sure you will get before the month is out. It wil be a nice one to begin with, too! Not perfect, but ... you'll see!*OH, and since I am home all day now, I PROMISE tomorow I will read your .. the one you want people to read on from your profile!*Ahem, I've learned so much about snake symbolism from the amazing investigatory mythologist author and lecturer William Henry. He is truly a light in the darkness of this gone-crazier world!The Sumarian/Babylonians have it in their myths (one time it looks like DNA!) and their greatest figure EA (pronounced AYE I think) has a serpent for a body, also either in Hebrew or Egyptian the word for "snake" and "soul" are very close! and one of Napolean's people drew a picture of a stone piece that had a male and female figure with human heads and snake bodies, and the make's head looks JUST LIKE the head on the shroud of Turin! Also, King Tut is like the "feathered serpent" cause he is the ONLY one to have BOTH bird AND snake on his headress! South America has many snake symbolism, including the "feathered serpent" Quetzelcoatl AND their was a sub-cult idolizing the rattle snake cause it has the secrets to the sun's cycle on it's double-diamond skin! I read these last ideas in Maurice M. Cotterell's books, which are fascinating! (The Supergods, The Tutankamun Prophecies, etc.)*sowi, hope I didn't bore you ( There is just so much to share! I bet you know a lot too! Everyperson has a story to tell and a soul to share.*In Truth & Light, SotW
Wolf of Asguard chapter 1 . 5/21/2005
Brilliant as ever you have been my friend! I hope to hear from you soon as i didn't mean to lose contact but you know how life is right? The imagery u invoke in your poem is exciting and compeling and it has taught me things i didn't know before. Also your bio revamp has reminded me to re-do mine when exam stress is over,lol. All new readers be sure 2 add this astonishing author to your favorites u don't want to lose her spark, she is a great inspiration and a great witch aswell!
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 5/7/2005