Reviews for Scientific Method: The Second Trial
M.P. Solo chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
Neon! Long time no see!

I was forced to write this in one night, so I'd be lying if I said I was as pleased with this as I was with the first, which I spent bits and pieces of a two-month period writing and revising. It was a class project, and having it bumped up two weeks didn't exactly leave me with much time to plan. If I find the time, I'm going to go back and rework this. I feel that once it's expanded, it will feel less forced and more like the first.
Neon Tetra chapter 1 . 5/27/2005
The humor is on the same level as "Scientific Method," but while the first playlet has a frenetic bent that carries it along, this one, I'm sorry to say, mostly just sits there. Ordinarily, the characters in a farce can and should be one- or two-dimensional, but when they do nothing but stand around and talk, it takes more than that to make things interesting. Also, many of the gags just seem forced (Hotel Magnates . . . In . . . SPA-A-ACE!), and if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say you had a better idea but decided to stick with this one because it seemed safer, easier, or you just felt compelled to finish it. Maybe I'm wrong. In any case, I recommend giving the characters a little more thought and revising accordingly—vague advice, but I hope it helps.