Reviews for After the Fact
Grayhome chapter 1 . 3/11/2007
This is great. You might even want to take all the periods and commas out of here to make the poem go even faster. The fast-paced tempo and the multiple spaces make every word jump out at the reader. Oh and the afterthought in a poem called After the Fact genius. Gold.
ossining chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
"I'd tell you/To crucify me,/But I don't/Want/To die/To live." I love that. How freaking true. It always seems to go this way. I totally agree with you about the interpreting the poem bit, too, b/c so many people misinterpret poetry, and often times, I sit and think, where the hell did they come up with that? B/c a lot of interpretations are so weird. Anyway, good work. Keep writing! :)
Lisa Parry chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
Very artistic in itself! :D

Although this has been an idea I've considered many a time, patricularly its after thought this poem showed how well a paradox art can be sometimes, particularly the last line :)

Though consdering the art comments at the beginning. You should see what the Turner Art Adward considers art...
Rosesandlace chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
AH! I love the poem. I kept thinking of different famous people throughout it, mostly Van Gogh.

And the poem in your profile? MY FAVORITE RUMI POEM! If you ever want to, I have his book of poetry, I'd love to lend it to ya!

Keep writing!
AutumnRed chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Very true
catseyeview chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
It's been so long since I've visited your work...what I've missed. I love the drop to this poem, the format makes you feel like your falling down a tunnel. The content is fitting for this style. You get to the end with the drop and really hit bottom, with structure and your words. Very clever. I love the way you did this.
WarriorHeart chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
I agree, good poem. I'm glad you're back.
Relayer chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Very true, interesting commentary on the issue. I'm glad people are aware of it!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/7/2005