Reviews for An Irony of Fate
Tawny Owl chapter 2 . 6/13/2010
First off I like the idea that the heroine is married and helping her husband in someway. It’s different.

Narrinda is intriguing – and again I like the idea that everyone knows what she did except her. And the curses are a nice twist on the character too. Although I really loved the comedy of the opening lines I didn’t really feel very scared by the mysterious appearance. Although the description was good I think the suspense could have been built up a bit more, and why Aurora decided her sword would be no good. Could she feel sinister magic or something? Somehow feels disappointing. And again later on with the ancient evil from the dagger – it just feels like there should be more, maybe more of an emotional reaction?

There’s interesting glimpses of culture and Aurora’s place within it. The specially bred horses and the fact that she couldn’t read her own language all hint at a wider world that I’d like to see more of.
faerie-gumdrops chapter 15 . 10/6/2009
Oh! It's been so long!

I'm happy :D

5 years...Oh my gosh...we've been on this site for a long, long time.

Anyway, it's really awesome to be reading this again and, weirdly, even after five years, I kinda know what's going on and who everyone is! So good job there :D

I loved the way that you brought Narrinda's vision back - lovely details with the colours and with her finding movement a bit too much - I can imagine that it would be really weird to get your vision back after all that time. And I'm glad that the White Gwam was there for her to stop her from screaming out. He seems very cool actually, all mysterious and silent and stuff, really fun!

I do sympathise with Narrinda regarding the premonitions - can't be easy to have to break bad news to scary (but awesome) goblins like Aurora all the time, but I guess she doesn't really have a choice. I'm looking forward to seeing how these all turn out, and which out of the three guys will be the one to die. Should be pretty interesting stuff!

Also, I like the Meleka. Don't know if I've said this before (I have NO idea what my past reviews were like hehe) but they are really interesting, the way they're so into peace and stuff, and the way that they talk, even. Sounds like a really strange and magical place they're in.

Anyhoo, yeah! Looking forward to your updates on this one, really good to see it back in action again.
Shadowhound chapter 15 . 9/22/2009
Been a while since I read this, having problems remembering everything. Can't really comment on story since I have no idea what's going on, but good descriptions and imagery going on.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go start reading from the beginning so I know what's going on.

Shadowhound
Narq chapter 15 . 9/20/2009
Oh wow. I fell in love with this story from the first sentence in. The dialogue at the start there was so very interesting and intruging. One of my favourite lines was "The sins of your race are not yours to carry"

Haha, I loved it when you said "The three weary males woke at various times" it made me think of wolves, somehow.

Maybe this comes from not reading from the first chapter, but why are the guys so scared of Narrinda?

I really liked the way you managed Narrinda and Aurora (Godess of Dawn) that part was dealt with the utmost care. I could see that.

Abinia seems to be a nice sort of guy. He looks harmless enough, I wonder if he'll really be able to fight though...Hah, he's romantic? Well... he's.. cute I'd say :P Hm, what secrets does he have? This is very interesting indeed

The The White Gwam seems thought provoking, I want to know a lot more about him! Another wonderful quote: “We do not understand why you chose to protect the one who has brought the curse upon herself,”

All and all, this was a wonderful chapter and FP won't let me type ay more :(
Tawny Owl chapter 1 . 6/16/2009
There were some great lines in this - she rebelled and left one hell of a bloody mess behind her, including a bloody heap that once was called Maltere and We allow these half bloods to survive, because not only does their existence piss off our mortal enemies, but the half bloods are usually amusingly insane. They gave a good insight to Christopher’s personality and the world the goblin’s were living in.

You seem to have a really good High Fantasy world hear with all the blood left in!

Very cunning copying and pasting at the beginning of the chapter as well.
Narq chapter 14 . 1/29/2009
I am soo glad you told me to read this story because it is really good. Is this the last chapter though? I'm a bit curious. Anyways, I'll always be happy to look at your stories since your such a great writer so don't hesistate to tell me to read another of your wonderful works.

Narq chapter 13 . 1/29/2009
WOW! Long chapter! and no wonder at that too! a lot of stuff happened. My personal opinion was that it happened a bit too fast for my liking, but maybe it's because I tend to like one-at-a-time stuff now (ignore my nonsense) well, great work and I'll be reviewing your LAST CHAPTER!
Narq chapter 12 . 1/29/2009
Hi, sorry for not reviewing earlier. I'm just so busy nowadays and i barely remembered to stop by and review your wonderful story. Anywas, here I am.

I especially like how he keeps calling Narrinda 'my Little Spirit of Death'. I wonder what those bad dreams poor Narrinda gets are about. Anyways, great chapter, as alway!

Narq
Narq chapter 11 . 1/22/2009
The story is pretty interesting so far! Can't wait to see what'll happen next!Who is white arrow? Zelkiden sounds scary! I love all of Galen and Narrinda's chatting in this chapter too. I wonder where that source of light at the end is coming...?
Narq chapter 10 . 1/15/2009
You are a really great writer when it comes to history (y'know, story history) and stuff... I could never have done that!

GREAT CHappy!

Narq chapter 9 . 1/15/2009
WHAT? Narrinda's blind? I never knew that! You did a great job of hiding it!

Nice chapter!

Narq chapter 8 . 1/15/2009
WOW! It was such an exciting fighting scene!

Poor Aurora for picking up two hindrances instead of help...

You did really well in expressing Galen - he really has had to leave a lot behind

oh well, all and all, GREAT CHAPTER!

Narq chapter 7 . 1/15/2009
Hi, here I am again poor Galen, that wound sounds painful - I hope someones heals it soon! and It's funny that she likes 'pink' clothing... I mean, it's not everyday that you see a war hero.. (if she could be called that) like 'pink'

Narq chapter 6 . 1/15/2009
Ah.. good chappy again... and I'd love to read on but I need to stop now.

p.s. PM me if I've forgotten to review this story
Narq chapter 5 . 1/15/2009
I don't understand... what command are they talking about? (Did I miss something?) and... I think you've done a good job in portraying each of your characters!

What Narrinda was dreaming about? and who's the guy in the trees?

I better read on to see what happens

50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »