Reviews for Sunset Rose
Mirabella chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
Beautiful!

I am happy to find a fellow rhymer!
The Wandering Musician chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Great poem! My friends also tell me that I need to write more happy poems. :-)

The picture that this painted in my mind was beyond beautiful. I don't know what else to say... it was great.
Wishdreamer89 chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
very flowing and peaceful. Made me happy!
Clap Clap Raise Your Hands chapter 1 . 6/5/2005
cool, very beautiful, i love the part about them singing, seems original. i quite like your poem in one big stanza really, but i dont know how to break up stanzas here, i just put - in the gap between stanzas, much easier! (hope that makes sense, have a look see how i structure mine!) great work, the picture must have been amazingly pretty to inspire this x weasel within x
Getuie chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
This poem is interesting it the thoughts it brings to me. It definitely has a light touch to it, and interesting rhythm.

People, to me, are much like roses. They have a beauty and fragility (is that a word?) to them, but they also have the protection of thorns. Sometimes you get the thorns more than the flower, but anyway.

With that image in mind, I especially liked the last few lines:"In the quiet wood, a fragile rose,Flooded with shimmering light,Stands still in twilight’s calm repose,In defiance of the night."

May we all stand in that defiance.