Reviews for Faith In No Faith
Rachelle You Bitch chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
that is a-fucking-mazing. you submit this. i know some conservative people in poseidon will think against it. but nonetheless, i want this one out in the book.
InsomniacDahmer chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Blunt enough to be distributed as propaganda. Not that that's a bad thing! The thought behind this is awesome and completely right. Poetically, I think it's better to be subtle, but hey- you definitely got your point across. Great poem. -bookmarks-
Akhenaten chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
I really liked the lines Religion gives people

A reason to hate" Very nicely said. Although, I disagree with you on some points (is it OK to disagree? I should have heeded the religious people warning...) about people not needing religion if they're smart. I consider myself smart... kind of... -_-... anyway, I used to be an athiest so I know where you're coming from, but I don;t think that religion cripples you. Only if you let it. You just have to be strong enough to tell the truth from the symbolic part of religious stories...

i guess i shouldn't talk for christianity, though, as I am a Unitarian.
Toni Berthelette chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
So you are saying that all religious people are stupid? I completely disagree with your message, but you so have a nice rhythm to your poem, so good job with that.

*Toni*
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
It is tolerance we should pledge to prevent rivalry and conflict. Here, you lack that saying people wouldn't need religion if they were smart. That reduces those geniuses down to 20% or around there. The answer lies within a tolerance that is impossible. If religion was so stupid, it would not have withstood the test of time. Just keep that in mind.
darkdreamerx chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
really good, your rhyme scheme is always great...nice job.
Knowledge seeker chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
I'm glad you have an open non ignorant point of view on the subject but don't you think It's a little strange? being brought here for no reason? everything being created so perfectly for NO reason? Religions are nothing more than politics there has to be one truth because there is ALWAYS truth, I'm looking for it,I think Ive found it, It's like its been there all along, y'know? religion that you're talking about is just a bunch of politics, I believe, not in religion, but in truth. because today religion politics and propaganda, if my truth turns out to be a religion well, it wont be my religion just my truth.
Aimee-Louise chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
wow, buddy you are gonna get some angry reviewers! It doesn't rhyme, while most poems don't need it, yours doesnt even have a beat and it has no poetic structure. "People wouldn't need religion if people were smart"? ok, so wouldn't that be EXTREMELY depressing to think that we are here on this Earth for NO POINT? HELLO? I'm so glad I dont' have such a bleak outlook on life. I will pray for you! I hope you come to Christ, so I may see you in heaven. We'll have a great time together, i promise, but most importantly, you will have a great time with Jesus. Read my poem titled "An Accident?" I will pray for you, and while you think you dont' need God, he loves you, and you do need Him, no matter how much you make yourself think you don't.
InDoveNguyen chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Excelent! I wasn't raised to any particular religion. Or any religion for that matter. I was always taught to hold no prejudice, and to follow my heart. Recently I've developed more cynical views. This is probably do to my father describing religion as a control tool. The way you ended that was a perfect explanation for it. I'm glad someone was willing to say it.
Bukowski Is chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Great, great punchy ending. I think this is totally true and very well written. The conflicts that religion has created are not matched by those that it has solved, so I agree. I like this a lot. Nice.
Simple Enigma chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Very good poem, you kept a steady rhythm and rhyme, but of course i don’t agree. i don’t believe in religion, too many people have done terrible things in the name of religion, and fanatics give 'religious people' a bad name. i think its a misconception that people seem to have, that to be religious is to stand on a soap box and claim that gay people are going to burn in hell. i agree with you there, that’s wrong. but what i do believe in is love, a pure and all encompassing love, you should try it some day, its not religion, just God.