Reviews for I cut all of my hair off
angelicprotection chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
for some reason i almost cried. im in the very opposite situation im in the 8th grade and guys over 18 try to pick me up yet no one notices me my own age. I love this poem
atalantea chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Interesting. The thoughts kind of seem jumbled but belong to one piece at the same time. Good. :D
Kiss the Carpet chapter 1 . 10/11/2005
It's a little late, but here I am, returning the review favor. This one caught my eye because I once had a friend who cut off eight (not quite eleven) inches of my hair, which I haven't even trimmed since then. I love this poetry. So, a poem for a poem:

So cold, fingertips like frostbiteAnd warm cadences far past eyes that feel-Feel coldness, a jealousyWorks that cannot be mine

I feel-Warm pleasure at reading, like hallowed books, almostbut cold screen and seeping wordsthat can never be mine, and-warm pleasuremixing with jealousylike a lover of books, melted with- table wax and blue veined ink-with flowing words and cadences unlike the jerkiness of mine,

Jerking Fingers and cold words of mine,And cooling cadences of salves of yours.

Measuring?

A poem for a poem.

I like the lines "that I would remember only words/rather than feelings." When I'm upset, I'll sometimes repeat the events (usually involving a boy, predictable) and resculpt them in my head until I'm satisfied with my story and I'll only remember the words I describe the situation with, not the way things actually happened or the way I felt, and lie to myself... when I'm very upset. And one must be very upset to cut off eleven inches of one's own hair. Awesome work. Keep it up!
unintentionaldisagreement chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
i cut off 15 inches of my hair once...:thought your poems were all so awesome and is in awe!: thanks for the comment on my poem. but i'll think about your suggestion and maybe change it... yeah so i read you jesus ran across my belly and thought that was so cool yeah... i'll jsut be going now
alorattack chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
ooh, deep... with a secret meaning or simply a haircut? hhm,, either way, still excellent writing you do:) I love it and it deserves ten millionstars, like five star movies, you know? teehee, such good poetry you write:)

TTW:)
Miss. Ingyou chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
I remember when my dad left and I was going through a very difficult period, I shaved of all my hair. This poem really captures the intensity of those feelings without sounding weak. I loved
written off as theatrical 1986 chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
Hey! First off, thanks for your review. I greatly appreciated it. And secondly, I love this poem! I cut my hair off once too (Locks of Love, right?), and I can relate to this poem very well.

Thanks so much, once again.
Unready chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
amazing.
Catticus chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
i love your poems, they're so powerful.
Stylo chapter 1 . 8/15/2005
The fact that you have thus far received 54 reviews -soon to be 55-hould say it all, shouldn't it?But, by jove, I've only just begun my becrazed rant. )-"...feltthe stingof yearspassing me byand the inchesfreezing meinstead of warmth to be felt..."I loved that part. I like the way you've mixed up the lengths of the lines; some short and others really long. But those lines were really cool."...I smileat the gainof all that I lost..."ELEVEN inches? Really? Ohmygosh. I can't even begin to imagine that. But I love the above metioned section. I love paradoxes."..I cut all of my hair offbut I’m still the same girl."I love taht part too. For true beauty, emotion, yaddayadaya comes from within.-I really love your writing. I'd read some more, but right now my mums on the warpath and I have to study. Bah, humbug. Darn school.

twelve-going-on-thirty
Pricilla Cox chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Again: honest. You have a knack for that type of compliment to throw itself at you, would you agree?
Amethyst Horizon chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
wow! i find myself so speechless after i read your work! this one also takes my breath away. 11 inches? i can't even fathom what you were feeling then and when you wrote this...fantastic work!
Need 'n' Know chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
Gosh, that is soo sad! You brought tears to my eyes - literally! I will no longer feel the same, not after reading THIS!

I'm really sorry about Jessica (right?). None of my friends were ever lost before. Two years...

You cut your hair off? I can't do that, not ALL my hair. Maybe bit after bit, but not ALL! I hope you didn't really cut all your hair off. Because that's such a waste! Years' growth, and it's all gone!

Julia.
Flies chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
Definitely something "Foolish Games" would push one to do. I like the way you set this up, with some longer lines and some choppy lines. It seems very lyrical, somewhat warm, very nice imagery. Reality's something harsh, something portrayed too simply. (er, got lost for a minute, sorry)
KittenX chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
"I smile/at the gain/of all that I lost."

Absolutely heart wrenching. I can relate a lot. This is almost too close for comfort. Thank you for this.
64 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »