Reviews for What are Friends?
AbyssScript chapter 1 . 7/5/2016
First: I know you are unlikely to acquire this message, but I feel like writing this anyways. So please humor me for the time being.

You ask a good question, and I like the interesting things you have to say. But to me, like with the emotion known as love, friendship is a complicated feeling. Except when you have it, you just... know. It's the day you're thinking to yourself and suddenly discover that you've been calling them a friend the entire time. And it's not a thing of the past, regardless of who it was you shared it with. To me, a true friend is one who inspires. Who continues to inspire even in memory. To assist your feet off the ground or grant them root to return depends on the kind of person they are, you are, and how you are to each other. A friend is not counted, whether in numbers or worth. It is simply there. Speaking, silent. Caring, listening. So long as you can feel their presence. So long as you know their support. Doesn't matter if they are the same gender, the same species, with you in person, or living their life somewhere else entirely. How you treasure the bond between you two is what keeps it alive. The memories you hold fondness for are what are truly important. Not to look back, but continue forward. Because no friend would ever prevent you from living your life the way you want to live it.

At least, that is how I see things. Perhaps others understand differently. But I like my view. It's warm. Never lonely. And always inspiring. Internalized within a warmth, capable of radiating outward in passing breath. A gentle, bright glow.

I hope you continue to write, regardless of how you measure your work. All humans are authors, waiting to share a story. Whether it's that of despair, hope, happiness, sadness, loss, completion or any other range of emotions and impacts. Some simply have more to share than others. But no matter who it is, or how small they have to offer, there will be someone waiting to read that story. That's simply the way it is. Well, it's simply the way I see it. So please, never give up. On your passions, your wants, your dedication. Because to me, that's the biggest strength helping you to rise each morning. And it should never be taken away.

Thank you for your time. I hope you enjoy your days.
C.M. Kearney chapter 1 . 7/12/2006
Friends are your safety net, your life support. Your proof that solitude is not always your companion. -sigh- -hugs everybody within range- So thanks for giving me a reason to not convince Solitude to play cards with me! Jk XP
With Rhyme and Reason chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
I do like your idea in this piece, mainly because it had some positive emotion to it. I get seriously aggravated by angst-it's such a bloody cliche!

Anyway, I felt like you were attempting at a rhyme scheme, but after awhile, the rhymes got a little too slanted and I think you eventually lost it. For example, "ask" and "past" could be acceptable, but you use that type of thing too much.

Again, I like your content. It's very nice. What is a friend, really? The age-old question. Or maybe that was a different question. Oh, well.

Nicely done, with a few glitches.
Bob chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
What a very nice poem about friends. It has a different feeling and...it's undescribably marvelous. Very nice!
animefreak chapter 1 . 7/23/2005
very beautiful poem
hope chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
why do you want to change your past? do you know that you can't change it. why are you running away from your problems? do you not have the courage to over come them? do you know that you are already being help but still you are turning away from it...
tsuzuki chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
It has a nice rhyme. It's simple but deep. I like. very nice. I think you know what friends are really for. Excellent work for a beginner.
Gothica Victoria chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Emotional. Iquistive. Simple yet nicely written and deep. I like this, because its simplicity is expressive.