Reviews for American Values
Sita Fuoco chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
Love the sarcasm... Absolutely love the message. I completely support gay rights... my aunt is gay and she has 2 children... anyway... i think these sort of views should be put out more. and people should realize this, and stop president bush from completely labeling gays as non-human and it is not right. It will never be right. We all should put a stop to this... Anyway... im sorry for rambling on and telling you my opinion of which you might not care, but hey it is worth it... and excuse the my french, but F*CK BUSH!
Pixie in a Birdcage chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
Gr! I say TO HELL WITH TRADITIONS! They're only an excuse for the people who are afraid of change. People use the excuse that gays will raise gay children. First of all, what's wrong with that? Second of all, what, so straight people only raise straight children? Some of these people should be jumped.
indigotear-to lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
i really like this. a lot of good points! if u ran for president id vote 4 u!
Olivia chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
It amazes me how many people completely missed the sarcasm in your poem. I liked it, especially the "cultural potluck" line. Nice poetic language. I misread your name the first time and thought you were catholic, which caused me to be doubly amazed at the tone of your poem. I am religious, but I support gay rights 100%. Either way, great job!
Chaotic Charisma chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Okay, Okay, I'm really getting a lot of heat for this piece!

I have to say I am really, really glad that you guys are reading my pieces and getting pissed off about it. I really appreciate that. Pissing you off is exactly what this piece was supposed to do.

And here's the reason.

I- AM- GAY.

I guess a couple of you didn't realize that? I'm sorry for the misunderstanding but I was certainly in no way shape or form bashing gays. I love gays. I am one. I'm trying to make a point of how we are treated. I guess by responding that way you only prove my point; the general assumption IS that we're a damn bad thing to have around, huh?

Hippy, I'm really proud of your sister. I hope to follow in her footsteps some day. _
RosElisabeth chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
Sweet. Very well written.

You should submit this to a writing magazine.
Toni Berthelette chapter 1 . 5/12/2005
what's wrong with gay people? I personally don't know any family that has two gay parents raising the kids, but I'm sure that they are just as good as a mother and a father! Were you the child of two gay parents? Or are you just randomly making fun of them? But I do like the like "divorce is America's favorie past time." But there are countries where the divorce rate is even higher! I think divorce is the world's favorite past time.

*Toni*
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
I like what your saying here, and the line about divorce being America's national passtime, is so true, I love the way that you put this. I applaud you for speaking your mind.

Much love,Juliet.
woodstock1969 chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
I'm sorry, but I find this very offensive. I'm sorry for the divorce, but don't take it out on gay people. They CAN raise kids, and they ARE real people. My sister proves that: she is a lesbian mother of three who's been in a happy, committed relationship for almost eight years. This piece is very discriminatory.
Enlightening Darkness chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
"I've been battered and bruisedWith American views"...and that door, damn George...oh, , anyway...this one is really great too. keep it up. and i'm guessing you know just as much about "traditional family values" as i do. which is in the range of none-less.
account not in use chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
*claps* Very good piece. Comes across as angry and sarcastic (or maybe cynical is what I'm looking for).
Coping Mechanism chapter 1 . 5/11/2005
Oh, another good one, u should write these more often.