Reviews for Darkness
ForeverBehindTheImpression chapter 1 . 3/26/2009
Short in a way, but very good imagery and stuff. I love the lines...

"Consumes our soul

Releases our life

Strips our fears"

Those are my favs. Great piece
ILuvLiesel chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
Welcome to ILuvLiesel's wise thought of the day (or WTOTD):

What is death but the freedom from life? If you belive in a god, then you believe you can get into an eternal paradise if you die, or you'll come back. Either way, death would be an escape from the mistakes you have already made. If you are an atheist, then life would be a string of occurences that are not entirely to your liking, and therefore death is an easy (if cowardly) way out of the suffering of life.

The darkness will consume all of us, it is just a matter of time. Your opinion on the darkness always boils down to your personality; optomists will look forward to it while pessimists will be afraid. Just remember, everything is different from what is, and it is not necisarraly better or worse. Is death better than life? Is death worse than life? No one knows, all that is known is that they are not the same.

What is true death for you? For me it is the knowledge that no one anywhere loves me or cares for me. That, I think, would be the only "true" way for the soul to die, or "be taken by the darkness."

But you are right, life is simply a preperation for death, whatever it might be.
Mind Barrier chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
Love it...

Joe Asher
DarkPharaoh1666 chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
A wonderfully dark poem, such an epic write to be taken by the darkness. Thank you for the review on "Searching" and oh, Tamora Pierce is a excellent author? Have you read the Tortall series?