Reviews for Pedestal
Lady Ventriloquist chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
What a beautiful poem. Reminds me of WMS, especially with the opening line and just the general subject matter.

Just beautiful.
Skitty Pink chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
There was something really sad and yet beautiful about this. i loved it.
Kitty Cat Turtle chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
This poem just speaks so clearly towards a real-life experience, it nearly made me cry. Very nice.
relapse into change chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
beautiful..
Jessica chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
Really great poem! It's extremely perceptive how well you've captured what could be anyone's insecurities about relationships: trust. The way he rambles in an elegant way and the way he battles with himself and his feelings, it's very biographical...

Actually, I don't really know what I'm saying right now; you kind of rendered me speechless because it was so beautiful. Vague in its simplicity, anyone could read it and say with certainty that you are writing about them; that is how great this piece is! Great job! _
cursive love chapter 1 . 1/22/2006
Ha, that's exactly what I do in relationships.
Somiko Raven chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
I love this. I think it's a very beautiful poem. Excellent work. _

Zetsuya
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
The Stanza length deteriorates towards the end. Splitting "To Feel. To Love." worked well so when on reading they were more predominant. The two stanzas after this eare examples of shrunken stanzas.

The: You don’t know why he stays..." Stanza worked well as a background/summing up of feeling. I liked the "You call for him in your sleep," stanza. Nice imagery. Almost contradictory in emotions, wanting but not wanting to be hurt. Good job but because of the stanza size, it meant it didn't read as well as possibly could have done.
Naomi Schemer chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
This poem almost made me cry for some reason. It just hits so close to home. Awsome, awful poem.
Jeoal chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
I thought that this was truly beautiful when I read it, Amy. I guess I should have known that someone as talented as you at story-telling would also be a wonderful poet. :-)

I especially loved how it started. The "Roses are for women" line was sweet and so very vulnerable (to me, at least). I came to the end wanting him not to push his lover away; but I suppose that sometimes things just hurt too much, and it's hard to overcome them. The piece almost reminds me of WMS, with Clyde continuously pushing Sam away, and Sam always coming back, never letting him go. ...Yet all Clyde wants is to not be hurt again.

But hey, enough of my observations. Stunning piece! So amazingly stunning.
Ree chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
It's hard to write novel-length reviews on poems, simply because the subject matter is so short, but I'd still like to comment. This is awesome. YOU are awesome. I forgot you were a poet as well. But, I mean, if you're good at writing, why not poetry? Poetry is just ... COMPACT prose. Therefore, this is compact awesomeness.

Awesomeness in its finest form, I'd say. *hands you a big gold star*
aeolyn chapter 1 . 5/14/2005
Oh wow, I really liked this poem. It's one of your best poems yet, I think. So sad, especially the end! I feel like I'm gonna cry now. Kudos _
Widom chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Oh my fucking god, PirateGrrl, that is just SO wonderful, and so sad, and I love it. *tears* Choke...sob...choke... just so beautiful. I love the sadness.
Kitzuke chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
Love the poem. I wonder though, does this have anything to do with 'WMSmoker seeks Seclusion'? Oh well.
birleywhirligig chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
This poem is so sad... I blame you for sniffles now... I love this poem!