Reviews for Save Darfur
Guilty Bird chapter 1 . 12/18/2008
The U.N. has been sending peacekeeping corps. It's not like we don't care
alicer chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Pretty good.

Some nice lines.

But, looking at how many people I know that DO care about Darfur it makes me sad that you think people really don't care. I guess it's a generalization but I mean it's not the people that don't care; we're doing a lot. Our governments aren't.

PS: I love American Idol! Okay that statement is not worth anything but IT'S THE BEST SHOW ON THE PLANET.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
Very, very powerful, GREAT job. You put it very well.
Weeba chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Wow. The imagery is harrowing in this poem, and the descriptions are beautiful. Amazing the things words can do.
method acting chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
wow. powerful. I love the way you wrote this. I especaily like this line: Death does not discriminate

like we do.

vEry insitful. Great job
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
The imagery tore at my heart. Genocide is indeed a flaw of humanity, terrible, terrible...
Sita Fuoco chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
::claps:: Bravo! Love the political spite... i have quite a bit ,yself... anyway terribly moving... scary to think that yet another genocide is occuring.. scary to think that even with wisdom as human beings, the older we get, the more blind... anyway yes nice nice job keep it up
Typewriter King chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
We can't budge Chirac and his band of thugs from their position of obstruction here. Our air power alone could probably neutralize Khartum's capacity for destruction, but for some reason, our leadership still cares about what Parisian trash thinks of us. So Chirac will run interference until all those Christians he despises are dead, then his precious ELF consortium will reap the benefits from the land- giving Khartum a cut, of course. His party will be rich, maintaining enough funding to win every election for the next half century, and Muslim extremists will win their religious war with Christians and Animists; Chirac will see this as an effective counter to the American War-on-Terror, and will welcome that, too.

So unless we grow a backbone and more immediate empathy, an Pan-African genocide will one day be complete.
Toni Berthelette chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
such a good poem, and I completely agree with you how it has to be stopped! After WWII, everyone said that we would never let this happen again-but it is and no one is doing anything to stop it!

*Toni*
sweetxinsincerity chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
i completely agree w/ u, ppl need to find a way to stop the genocide in darfur. we were recently talking about it at school but before then I wasn't aware of it so i'm glad u wrote this so that more people will realize what a terrible thing is happening. you have a great way with words...this poem created a lot of shocking images and even though I already knew a little about what was happening now I feel like I should do something to help even more. We're doing a fundraiser ting at my school, so maybe at least that will help a little. the point is, great poem :)
Stormer chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
This was a well-written and emotive poem. Good job. I think people need to be made more aware of this kind of travesty and you're doing your part there. Just one line kind of bugged me: "flash across the telly," I think it's the use of "telly" as it sounds really informal when the rest of the poem is a bit more formal and eloquent. Anyway...great poem otherwise!
this is britt chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
AH. I'm very glad to see other people writing about this. It's excellent. It's excellent. Thank you so much for this bitter piece of social commentary that the world needs. Hopefully it will open a few people's minds to the plight in Sudan.