Reviews for Pha'dora: Green Eye, Blind Eye
tabiscus chapter 5 . 7/7/2005
okay, Nichara sounds evil...
Charm Scales chapter 4 . 7/5/2005
i like this story because of the weird things i see in it AH its so much different than normal plots it is uPdaTe SoOn Please -what they said!
Clodhopper chapter 4 . 6/30/2005
ohh the poor girl...this chapter made me a sad reader.

you write beautifully, by the way. i was first just reading out of pure boredom, but your writing deff. caught my interest. your dialogue is natural, which is important because without the characters are like cardboard and no one likes cardboard people. the descriptions are perfect - not so little that i was struggling to understand but not so much so that i was drowning in them

~Mack
RoseMcCann chapter 2 . 6/24/2005
I rather like the air of mystery surrounding your characters. And I read what your other reviewers had to say - Gaelic names? That's sort of what I had suspected. They don't bother me for the most part, although the accent in "EydĂ­s" always trips me up when I'm reading it.

The start of the chapter seemed just a little wordier than perhaps necessary, although the rest of it seemed like a fair balance between dialogue, discription and action.

I'm looking forward to reading on!
RoseMcCann chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
I have to admit that this has me intrigued. The story seems well written, and it has managed to keep my attention through the first chapter, and yet avoid seeming rushed. I'm curious about some of the names you've chosen. Are you creating them entirely out of your head, or are you basing them on another language?

I don't have time to read the next chapter now, but I'm looking forward to it.
Luculent Perspicacity chapter 1 . 6/24/2005
I have to apologize, I didn't actually read the story. Second - I'm hoping that all the Irish Gaelic has a point - I noticed the note about semi-historical... otherwise, it's hard to pronounce, long, and trendy. Anything that you absolutely NEED a prn guide for is generally not a good idea.

(And actually, doesn't "ni" mean "daughter of," similar to how "mc/mac" means "son of?" I didn't realize it was "of.")

Also - I originally had to comment because... where I'm from there's this group of I guess you'd call them musicians, they're in every parade, and they're called Mummers - they wear these outlandish costumes with giant hats and stuff. It's so funny. Just an aside.

I like the name Nichara though.
Ellori chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
Very good start. You describe the surroundings with great diversity in words. I didn't catch any spelling or grammatical error. The story itself, catches you. One does not know the characters' reasons for their actions, they're very mysterious and leaves for an excellent character development. It's good start, indeed. I look forward to the next chapters.
142 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10