Reviews for his mind is like
Jezsh chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
this is amazing. 'you're trippingyou'restumblingyou'restuttering you're falling over yourself to be delicate' - what a fantastic line. Is that called a paradox? Anyway it really captures that feeling, almost trying so hard you're bound to bit: 'it's recycled this town needs to be recycledthis morning the horizon seemed despairingly ready to break away and' - is really amazing. It just sounds incredible. It sounds like a song without music. This is so clever, the words are so delicately deliberate and fit so piece.
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 11/30/2005
i ADORE : "and you're trippingyou'restumblingyou'restuttering you'refalling over yourself to be delicate,and the music is playing on the top of your lungsand his mind is like—"

IT IS GORGEOUS AND IT IS GOING ON MY FAVOURITES. excellence.
Sheila Ibre chapter 1 . 7/9/2005
Took me two or three times to digest this. difficult to grasp but poignant nevertheless. impressively, it has made me more depressed than i thought i could be this morning so my hat off to you since you succeeded in touching a person in this world eventhough it may not be for the better. still it shows how good you are with words.
Cinderblock chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
I like the ebb and flow. It shapes the poem in a lovely manner.
asyousaid chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Ooh I like you. Lots of messing about with language and "the air was hard to breathe". I like you...
twenty-second seduction chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
"the only thing on any of our minds today is exponential decay."

that was just so perfect.
in theory chapter 1 . 5/20/2005
Wow. This is definitely one of the best poems I've ever read in my life, I love the enjambed br/eak especially. The whole thing is just completely flawless, I can't really give any constructive criticism because I'm kinda awed. MM
smile persephone chapter 1 . 5/19/2005
"this morning the horizon seemed/despairingly ready to br/eak away and/the only thing on any of our minds today is exponential decay." Those lines were just... gah... amazing. It's a perfect ending! Genius.
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 5/17/2005
god, that last line... i'm left awestruck.
i was a postcard chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
gah! ugh! other grunting type noises! i am speechless. I LOVE THIS. ! i can only speak in stupidness. "like the boys that whisper sugar / but lack the ardent bit of anything" i say again: !
gingerbeer chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
Wow, for some reason, I also read your title: "his mind is, like, stuck in the reverse." Was that part of the intent?

I love how circular the poem is. "and the music is playing on the top of your lungs" and "falling over yourself to be delicate" make me feel the way I do in a flying dream or just when I'm pretending to fly. Also, there's certain violin pieces that feel like they're playing on the top of my lungs.

It's fleeting, it's wistful, and deep. The parentheses around (stuckinthe) make the bigger section surrounded in parenthesis seem like the girls, boys, and flowers are somehow trapped. And yet right after there's that flying sensation! Keep up the good work!

Thanks btw for your wonderful review on "Bum, Buddah Badiboobah!" Really appreciate it!
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/16/2005
awesome
gone since winter chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
wow, i really like this. an interesting read, definitely has to be read a couple times to appreciate. worthy of being added to my writing.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
I love everything about this - your style, your images, your voice, your format, the way the words are just squished together, everything about this is just too breathtaking. You are a brilliant writer and this is a brilliant piece. Thank you for your insight and depth through words. -salt.
this is britt chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
Ah. It made me think of the best kind of funnelcake. exponential decay. whoa? your poetry breathes. amazing, breathtaking, etcetera. keep writing because you are godly.