Reviews for A father and his daughter
acatsrain chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
I actually live with my uncle and he's about the same way. I think personally it effects me in some twisted confusing way though. Because I can't love him like I would have a father (I've never actually met my father so I don't really know what it means too) but I can't just ignore him either. It left me pretty pessimistic growing up. Until about senior year of high school when a thought came into my mind, "Why am I trying to be what everyone wants me to be and coming up short either way? Why should I feel like the only one to blame?" So I just stopped and figured out what made me happy whether anyone else cared or not. I still don't always love who I am but I think I'm the only one who should be able to judge me.

I understand how that feels. In so many different angles. This way really good.
The Words You Wish You Said chapter 1 . 9/20/2007
Oh my god.

I just read it, and I have to say, that yes.

I do feel that way about my dad.

:[

No pleasing.

Just criticism.

Very moving.

:]
mixedupchick chapter 1 . 4/27/2007
m, my dad's not as harsh but bcuz i haven't contacted them first year uni n have dun badly on my exams n wat not he has threatened to throw me out of the house (which he can do bcuz i'm 18). but he's actually told me that if ther were a choice between me and my mom that he wud choose my mom n the only reason he hasn't beaten me up is bcuz i'm a grrl. he's threatening to cut me out of his life. not a good feeling and not exactly inspiring me to want to be his friend or his daughter much. n it may seem bad but i don't think i'd have much problem cutting him outta my life as long as i can keep my mom. he has compared me to my best friend and asked why i cudn't b organised like him. i will have u no that my friends mother is pretty much an alcoholic and that his dad is more wrapped up in his boat than his kids and he has basically raised his brother n sister since he was 11 n they aren't far bhind so that really hurt and i haven't even told my friend about it. n he does complain about my room. n now that my grades don't come with an effort mark, it's all come down to my number grades now which i hate even the concept of. n it's not that i doubt that he loves me but i think he finds it difficult to like me sumtimes. i feel so much pressure to be perfect and the first from our side of the family to get through college or uni.
Karine Dragon'sheart chapter 1 . 2/27/2007
...*sighs softly* If only you knew how much I wish I could have been there...I never had that with my father...but there too, I wondered at times if he was even there. Heart-breaking, this, and so cruel of a man...Your lot was cast far worse than mine, for all I've ever had to do is mask myself from the world...in any case, a good, clear, strong poem...and thank you for the reviews. They mean so much to me, m'dear...

Laters, youngling,

KD
Ruby Waters chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
dad and i are like that sometimes. so is my relationship with my mum. this poem speaks to me. i have just uploaded an essay with i have written along the same theme. maybe just milder.
My Dark Destiny chapter 1 . 7/8/2005
AWSOME! That was a really cool poem and yes I do kinda feel this why about me and my father, so you're not alone! Keep up the GREAT work! Always, My Dark Destiny

p.s. I use to be know as Raina130, thanks for the review!
Precious Death's Whisper chapter 1 . 6/17/2005
I know exactly how you feel. My dad's a total... Well, he's not very nice, either. Let's just leave it at that. Very nice way of explaining your emotions. Keep it up!

PDW
Ballerina with a Gun chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
Oh, so sad...I can relate with you. My father's an ass. Nothing I ever do is good enough for him - so I am totally into this!

Ciao!
Tzotel431 chapter 1 . 6/12/2005
I hope your relationship with your dad isn't that bad, cause that was terribly sad. I would hate to feel unloved by my daddy. it would make me feel alone and sad. I really hope that wasn't from experience. But it was a great poem. the words are stirring and passionate.
The Random Winess chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
That is so unfair! Maybe if you showed this to him and said how you feel could he lighten up? The poem really gives off the point well, seems a bit disjointed by random rhymes but i really like it, full of imagry,from the heart and i liked how you said "if i could be.." and then explained each further! NICE!~TRW
Burnin Heart chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
Nice poem. I like the way you ended it - it's intriguing that you give the reader some hope. Lovely poem though! Thanx for the comment, btw and I totally agree with it - but it was the original work, so I don't want to change it. Anyways, love the poem. Dini
Jnn-Chandler chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
This was great, and it was touching too. Keep up the great work! By the way, thanks for reviewing my poem!;)
ThamesRelic chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Its very strong-very beautiful. The type of realtionship you describe is very sad, and understood. Keep writing.
lonewolflink chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
yeah, it's sucks ass that this crap happens. It hasn't happened to me, but a few friends of mine weren't as lucky...
sam baker chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
hey angie, yea i know you prob think im just being nice cos im your friend but this is amazing, and i have seen the way you used to be with your dad , and the way he used to be with you. i've not read any other pieces of yours yet but follow your dream of being a professional writer your'e great!