Reviews for My Weekend of Hell
marceline the vampire queen chapter 2 . 4/29/2012
Hehehe...tins.
marceline the vampire queen chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
This is the funniest thing I have read in my life and that is the truth.

Fave line:

They didn't know that I WANTED TO DIE.

I came back from my bronze expedition 2 days ago and I'm still washing leaves out of my hair...
marceline the vampire queen chapter 3 . 4/29/2012
OH MY GOD! THIS IS BASICALLY EXACTLYY WHAT HAPPENED ON MY D OF E

Our tent fell down in the middle of the night during a snowstorm, all our food and clothes were soaked, someone tore a tendon and we couldn't call anyone because there was no signal, I got a leech stuck to my ankle and couldn't figure out how to take it off, and eventually when we got through our teacher had to pick us up because the storm was so bad we couldn't walk.

He said it was the worst luck of any Bronze candidates since 15 years ago, when someone got mauled by a sheep.

Brilliant story!
Lizzie in Wonderland chapter 3 . 6/17/2010
LOVE LOVE LOVE this story... me and my friends do DofE and we kinda love it (except for stupidly large rucksacks and long walking trails) but this cracked me up and made me think of some of the funny stuff that's happened, haha! x
Sytara chapter 3 . 12/19/2006
So Funny! I laughed all the way through it. And I meam funny in a good way, not that your torture was good, it was bad, but... oh never mind ' What I'm trying to say is, I've gone through something similar to that. A Pioneer reenactment(sp?) A mini pioneer trek to et a bare minimal of what it was like for the pioneers to croos the Great Plains in the US.

Well, I cant ewait to start reading more of your stuff - Y
salt n peppr chapter 3 . 7/5/2005
During several times in this story I could not help but laugh at your pain and then my family started looking at me funny... But this was an awesome recarnation of a horrible experiance and I loved it!
thenewromantic chapter 3 . 6/9/2005
*Applause* Very very funny! Well done!
thenewromantic chapter 2 . 6/9/2005
Hehe, this is even funnier than the first part. I love mocking other people's pain, especially when they write it so well! Mwahaha! (That was a compliment by the way ) You aren't the only pyromaniac around - on our actual expedition a couple of weeks ago my foolish team mates set fire to a match box and poured meths all over it...needless to say it nearly caused a forest fire.
thenewromantic chapter 1 . 6/9/2005
This IS amusing! I love the 'I WANTED TO DIE' bit with the car. I just did my DOE too...ah, memories - our group was 5 hours late to the campsite and our evil (at least yours were cheery!) and were lost in Shere in the dark -SCARY- and as it was March our tents froze over. Then on the 2nd day we rounded a corner on this path up a hill and there were these people riding llamas. No. Really. Sorry, I'm rambling... this is good!
hvk chapter 3 . 5/25/2005
I have absolutely no idea what DOE is, but the Author formerly known as HVK has some consoling words:

CURSE YOU, DOE! CURSE YOU!

And finally, here's a bit of advice; never trust a talking spigot.
hvk chapter 2 . 5/25/2005
Oh, how I pity you.

CURSE YOU, PARANOID MILITARY! CURSE YOU!
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 3 . 5/24/2005
Loved it! Wonderful as usual.

"drinking this Diet Coke has to be better than sex"

That said everything. Brilliant.
celticheartbeat chapter 3 . 5/24/2005
(Day 2 reading this: still not signed in, lol)

Begging mode successful, lol

this was SO funny! it was... practice! ONLY PRACTICE!

*runs away screaming* i could have never even survived the pratice weekend, I know thaat for sure!

well, then for the real thing... will you write more? D

ill be very happy if you do
shadowedstar213 chapter 3 . 5/24/2005
Poor you. I can relate. My mom is TOTALLY OBSESSED with stuff like DOE. *cough cough, makes sore throat worse* Ouch... stupid cold...
shadowedstar213 chapter 2 . 5/24/2005
funny! staying home sick again...