Reviews for tuning discord
a lonely september chapter 1 . 3/26/2006
once again your detail astounds me. . . brilliant.
Moonjava chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
Wow, I love you're vocabulary use.
FantasizedMusic chapter 1 . 8/5/2005
As usual, you've taken the normal and blurred the lines to make something artistic and powerful. You've always had a gift for bringing out more than what most people see. Wonderful repetition throughout. It's really refreshing to find repetition that's done for a reason, not because a writer cannot think of anything else to say. Your wording is better than ever, and you used it not as a show off, but merely as a channel to tell your message. There's a lot more I could say (using Icarus, a Greek mythological figure, or where the musical aspect meets the literal in the worn guitar). Really wonderful work. This goes onto my favorites.

(This is PainKiller, btw, on a new pen name.)
Taka and Keichirou chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
interesting...nice use of vocab.T
dusk orchid chapter 1 . 7/22/2005
Stunning. The references to mythology was a wonderful touch to this along with the prospect of guitar playing. Wonderful piece. I'm taken with this one.
Xavier Everett chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
I like this. Especially the first line. "I flew on the wings and wills of Icarus" - wonderful. Your poems flow really well. Good job. Keep writing.

Xavier
linaeve chapter 1 . 5/30/2005
quite lovely; the metaphors with Icarus and music in general were very effective and beautifully executed.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 5/30/2005
Upon five strings all life chromatic plays,

In seven related modalities,

So strange how music's accidents came forth,

We know that many have tried to change them,

Reordered scales into different form,

Manipulated time and harmony,

Yet most of us find ample tradition,

Fulfilling with a vastness of choices,

Delighting all who venture in gardens,

Melodious in colors and flavors,

Creating voicings we may hear but once,

Enchanting melodies entrance red heart.

p.s. Your poem is absolutely wonderful. m
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Interesting metaphor - the ionian, and the Icarus story.

"i wish You would speak out bluntly for once rather than lacing each muted word"

I liked these lines. 'Your' with a capital to demonstrate godly respect? Or mocking? Interesting.

"incomprehensible, indiscernible, imperceptible" workes well. Nice alliteration and makes the reader separate the words up more.

Good poem, but from far my favourite. Almost too moral with the references of Icarus.
arcane devices chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
beautiful, your the only person I can say that makes me actually enjoy reading long poems. Spoken from the heart and the metaphors here are truly excellent. -ADD
Eirien chapter 1 . 5/26/2005
Absolutely beautiful. Again I love your erudite and original images, which is one of the main strengths of your poetry. Great job here, especially the image of Icarus and the images from the field of music/ playing musical instruments. The situation sounds familiar to me, I often wish God would speak more clearly, and I had the same dilemma about which university I should attend ... (or whether my job was the right one to take etc).
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
awesome awesome poem
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 5/23/2005
beatiful, all I can really say to descrbe this. I am almost numb at the after affect of this, its radiates of so much power and emotion. *shivers* lovely piece, really just profoundly done and has such an impact on the reader. _ thank you very much for the kind reviews, you are so sweet. X3

!~* noelle *~!