Reviews for I'll call you freak, you'll call me delusional
Eleanor Gibson chapter 4 . 6/5/2005
Well I have to say, I am ultimately enjoying this. It could just be because I'm in such a good mood right now-but truthfully, this is actually a decent piece! I mean, I'm not one for stereo-types and shallow characters, but what else am I to expect from characters who are in highschool? Obviously I must have enjoyed it or else I wouldn't have come back all these times to read it! Sorry if this review sounds lame and offensive, I really do like the story...I've just been hit with a whole lot of information from some friends, so I'm a bit out of it right now. Sorry again, but good job! -Rae
bummertime chapter 4 . 6/5/2005
This is really good! I hope you update!~Sugpup
cbprice25 chapter 4 . 6/5/2005
It would be fun to get a project like that in English class. *sigh* Unfortunatly...

I like it. I'm looking foreward to more!
hiphopchick chapter 4 . 6/5/2005
I think Juan is interesting. And I think that the depths of juans mind is so...deep that not many people understand soon
Ms Urania chapter 3 . 5/31/2005
Good chapter. I like the way you showed Del's not stereotypical by having her defy her friend's presumptions. I think it's nice how Alynn and Juan are tentatively beginning to interreact instead of some unrealistic scenario where they speak once and realise OMG!we're totally soulmates!

The title is interesting. Is it from a song?
Essence of Reality chapter 3 . 5/31/2005
yesyesyes.

You need more reviews, because I love this story. It's really.. realistic.

I love the protaganist's views on the cliques, and the people. It's very interesting to read.

I am only a freshman in highschool, but even I can see the stereotypical groups that form. Jocks, punks, preps.. w/e.

I love the idea of being stereotyped as a punk, then wearing a Hawaiin shirt. xD That made me crack up. _

Also, you have a very flowing style of writing. Very fun to read.

_ Keep writing!
V-1-R-U-5 chapter 3 . 5/30/2005
O Juan, that's a hot name:). Lol anyway I really liked the new chapters, they're fun -ahaha rainbow fish. lol okay yeah well good work and update soon!:).
Cursed-Destiny chapter 2 . 5/29/2005
This sounds really good, I like it, except for some of the stereotyping, but it's still good, keep writing it
cbprice25 chapter 2 . 5/28/2005
It looks fun. Keep writing!
Ms Urania chapter 2 . 5/28/2005
I think that whilst the people from two different stratas at high school fall in love has been done over and over on FP you've managed to give it a bit of depth primarily due to your writing syle-I really enjoy the way you play with words; relieved to see some characterisation-you've actually given Alynn's friends rounded personalities making it understandable why she's friends with them. The catfight was too funny! Hope you update soon.
V-1-R-U-5 chapter 1 . 5/25/2005
I really like this story so far. It's really well written and it's pretty funny too. I hope you update soon:)
brokenxdreams chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
lol. this is kinda funny. I loved the cat fight. it was hilarious. sorry i cant spell today.
explosionsss chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
hey i really like this story. update soon, please.
newfoundhope chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
good start, maybe if u let anonymous reviewers review u would get more. ] update soon
DementedOracle chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
'Kay, first of all, two quick mistakes that really need corrected.

1. In the summary, "lable" should be spelled "label." Summaries always need to have perfect grammar, even if the prose doesn't. Seeing a mistake in the short, simple summary causes people to overlook your story in favor of another on the list.

2. "I looked over my [left] shoulder. . ." [left] here is an unnecessary detail, and it detracts from the overall affect of the sentence. It does nothing to add to the affect of the story. It's extraneous. I don't really notice that this is something you do often in your writing, so I recommend fixing it ASAP because it gives the reader a false impression of what to expect from the rest of the chapter.

My first impression of this story is of stereotyping. I think it will appeal immediately to a large audience on this site, and would therefore recommend that you continue updating. To me, all the stereotyping wasn't exactly a good thing, but your writing style wasn't as unintellegent as I'm used to seeing, so I didn't stop reading.

Second impression: As I read farther, your writing becomes much more intellegent. The stereotyping becomes justified as your writing eases into satire. This was where you began to impress me. There's damn few good satires on this site, and you've laid the foundation for a damn good one. It almost pains me to think that this might lapse into romance later, thus robbing it of the gritty sarcasm behind many of the teenager's quirks. But, since it's good so far, I'll keep reading for a while if you continue to update.

Speaking of intellegent, I think I should praise you for using something that few amatuers bother with: an allusion. The fact that it was to Disney's The Lady and the Tramp is even an added bonus. ~David.P.S. You might consider changing the rating to "M", so you'll be free to use as much strong language as the story requires. Teenagers are foul-mouthed little buggers, and I'm sure you'll have more incidents involving the dropping of the F-bomb in the future.
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20