Reviews for Come on girls, Sing your song
Tyndall Blue chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
there were a few areas where the rhythm stumbled but otherwise it's a superb and engaging piece!
citrus scented chapter 4 . 10/30/2005
like ive said- just dazzerling collection. the message behind them all is so strong, you tell it well.
citrus scented chapter 3 . 10/30/2005
oh i love this collection so much already, its just atomicly powerful the message its sending out, and one I can really relate to . espeacilly this one- and you tell it so well.
citrus scented chapter 2 . 10/30/2005
oh god the power and emotion in this is just overwelming. really breathtakingly strong piece and so effective.
citrus scented chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
wow wow wow holy christ genius. the rythum is the strongest part of this, a long with the images. its just so perfectly wrapped together and catchy, and the ikmages and descriptions so shockingly unqiue and gripping. very effective piece.
Ayunami Yori chapter 4 . 8/18/2005
i loved the rhythm of this peice. loved it. to be honest, the notes from Lav (you, i can only assume, are Lav) threw me off a little bit, because i didn't see where you were standing with all the other voices, and it didn't fit the beat of the rest of the peice-maybe it wasn't supposed to, i dont know. all in all, beautiful, beautiful work and definitely something to be proud of (in the same way you must take pride in being female...unless you are not female, in which case...er, very perceptive.)
Sorrowful Dreams chapter 2 . 6/16/2005
this is good. I love the meaning to it. you have a really really good talent at this.

Sorrowful Dreams chapter 3 . 6/16/2005
this is really good. you have a thing for making great work and sharp words. great work!

Sorrowful Dreams chapter 4 . 6/16/2005
I like this. has a good point and you will probably make them shut up if they saw this. great work!

Moon-Chaser chapter 4 . 6/7/2005
I am so not like the "normal" girl. I think oyu have it down right. I love your poems so far, they are full of anger as well as truth. I hope that you keep it up.

Moon-Chaser chapter 3 . 6/7/2005
Yoiu say it like it is. But I love your poetry, it who you are and that is what I love about it. I hope that you never stop writting it. But you are right aout the rest of it.

Moon-Chaser chapter 2 . 6/7/2005
I most definatly agree with that, I was one who didn't stand up, now look at me! But now I have standing up for everything. I love the poem also, very good use of words.

Nobody-n-Particular chapter 4 . 6/5/2005
This is absolutely excellent. I like this best out of everything you've done. It's the first time I have read a cry against the commercials depicting women's hygeine etc. You are correct. The emphasis on 'ashamed' and 'embarrased' hits the nail on the head. Why must women be put down and degraded in the media? A few weeks ago there was a whole thing about how they must strip down in movies. You notice that they rarely show a man's favorite place, but then women must bare their breasts or whatever else the people want. If they don't they are put down or said to be so reserved and conservative and not cool. Women are viewed as little more than sex objects, eye candy. Men can do whatever they wish, and they are simply called men. Don't you hate that saying "boys will be boys?" What kind of justification is that? Really. But women are called emotional, flighty, gossips, nagging. They must have scented pads, commercials basically saying they smell all the time. Every aspect of a woman must be attacked. They are criticized for not being big enough bustwise, and yet do we ever get to judge the Man in the same context? Nah, their testicles are always big, we never question. A man is a man of course. yeah, right. "the worst pain in the world is getting kicked between the legs..." Well let's not mention child birth, certainly not. Then excellent actresses get too old to play the sexy daredevil woman and soon enough the only role they are allowed to play is that of a mother or grandmother. I have observed few exceptions to this. Yet those like Clint Eastwood (and don't get me wrong, he is an excellent actor, brilliant man) can be 70 and play a strong, tough guy,married to some 20-30 year old and no one says anything. Darn, double-standard. Men can be 80 and having kids, yet women are chastized as selfish and too old if they choose to give birth at 40 or 50. Well, please excuse my rant. It is quite long, the longest review I have ever left to be sure. Your poem just came to the heart of a matter that I dislike intensely. Thanks for your patience. :)
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 3 . 6/4/2005
Such cutting words of force.
Moon-Chaser chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
Wow. I love this, I love the way the stanzas work, and I like seeing them when you have a new poem out. I found myself saying the words at the end of the poem! I love the beat of this poem.