Reviews for My Best Friend, A Cutter
CaptainInuyasha777 chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
OK, I have to admit, I used to have a real problem with hurting myself - I'd bite my arm whenever I was upset. After I promised my best friend I'd stop biting, I scratched myself. It was only once, but it was enough. I felt an obligation to tell my best friend, and when I did, she was pissed. Once I saw the effect it had on her, I promised to stop, and I can never break a promise to her. Since that day I have done no intentional harm to myself (though I'm still something of a klutz, so I tend to get bruises on my knees from running into stuff). I still get a weak urge to get scissors or something sometimes, but I've been able to hold back. Sorry to ramble at you like this, I guess I just felt like I needed to get this out in the open. I feel better now - thanks.
darkmistresslae chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
wow. i can relate. i felt that way when one of my friends first cut and when my little sister did too. when my sister did i thought 'oh my god, how oculd you be so stupid! especially when you know all the ways it's messed me up'. it hurts so much... especially if you feel as though it's your fault... yeah... anways. i liked the quotes, how they were set off to the side. that was awesome. it really brought attention to them. nice work. great job
JordieElizabeth chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
This is so sad. I know people like this, fortunately none of my friends cut. But I know that if it weren't for fictionpress, some of them would. These things are so unfortunate, and I hope that if this poem is true that you can help your friend get through this because she probably will need your help.

All my love,JordieElizabeth
Ephemeral Shock chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
Wow. That's some real hard stuff to deal with. Although I don't know what it's like to have my best friend cut, I can imagine that I would feel exactly as you described. Beautiful writing. So horrifyingly beautiful.
SuicideGurl chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
this is really good...expresses ur emotions so well...well done...i hope ur okay, i know finding out something like this is hard but it looks like you and ur friend both need each other right now...i liked this very well written. lots of love ~AllyCred~
S0ulSearching chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
I felt this way when I realized that my lovely, honestly intelligent friends told me they cut...I thought they knew they were above that...and I especially relate to wanting to miss the part about things being a joke and seeing the cuts for yourself _ Ah, sorry to ramble...this is truly awsome though, Keep it up. _...And I hope it all works out.-pammy-
fake-smiles-n-masks chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
wow, its great. so full of emotion. i have several friends who cut or used to cut and personaly its not hard to watch them do that to themselves. i can relate for I too am a self mutilator. I don't cut, I scratch. It's a struggle that I am dealing with and fighting to overcome. all you can do for people you know who cut is be there for them when they finally hit rock bottom and need help getting back up. love the peom, keep writing.

) smilingface
xkikax chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
Wow, I know what you were going through when you wrote this. Something much like this is happening to my best friend. she's written her anishels on her arm and sratchede it all up with a nife. She's going through a hard time wright now. And I have to be by her side. I don't want her to do something even worse. You have to stay with your friend.
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 5/31/2005
Wow, i'm so sorry that you're going through this. I myself don't have a friend that cuts so I can't really say anything to comfort you. A great poem, very well written.

Write on!